As a self-professed snackaholic, granola bars are one of my favorite things to snack on. They are so easy to whip together, there is an infinite number of ways to make granola bars, and I consider them a guilt-free snack cause of all the oats and nuts and stuff. This time around, the “stuff” happens to be a nice amount of toasted coconut, mini chocolate chips, and some nice chopped almonds and a drizzling of ganache. The ganache doesn’t set, like a normal granola drizzle and makes a little bit of a mess when storing the bars, but it is soooo worth it. I like to pack up a few of them and stick them in my purse and snack on them whenever I start to feel a bit peckish or just need to munch on something. They also come in handy when you are out and about and someone complains they are hungry. I whip one of these bad boys out and BAM… instant BFFs.
I’ve made many a friend that way.
Oh, and also when someone needs a spoon cause I always carry one in my person. You wouldn’t believe how handy it is to keep a spoon in your purse. Go right now and put a spoon in a pocket in your purse and I guarantee you will use it at least once in the next week.
So while I wait for you to grab that spoon (or before you officially decide I am too weird for us to hang out), lemme just get that recipe for these chocolate coconut granola bars, k?
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1¾ old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup ground old fashioned oats or pre-ground oat flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped unsalted almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Get the rest over at http://homegrownandhealthy.com/chocolate-coconut-granola-bars/