Tahini frosting brownies…Sweet, fudgy brownies are paired with a thick layer of salted tahini frosting for a uniquely decadent treat. It’s a fun twist on chocolate and peanut butter that even kids will like.
A few years back when I humbly started this blog because I realized that I liked making recipes and taking pictures of what I did, I started a list of blogs that I found and loved. You can find it here. One of the first sites I added to the list was Savory Simple. I loved the gorgeous photography and flawless recipes. I pinned almost every recipe of hers that I could. I drooled over everything she ever made. Basically, I was a fan girl.
So you can imagine how beyond excited I was when Jennifer reached out to me, complimented me, and asked if I would be able to review her new cookbook, The Gourmet Kitchen. Inside, I was freaking out. Outside, I literally, literally, squealed and my heart skipped a beat or two. I wanted to say “Oh my god, I can’t believe you are emailing me?! How is it that you are even acknowledging that I exist right now! I could die. I could seriously just die right now!!”
Instead I played it cool and professional, with just some very minor gushing and agreed to do a review.
When I received the book, I was floored with how beautiful it was. Her photography is breaktaking – we knew that already, but to see it together in print in a book. It is a whole new experience. The recipes are simple, but explode with flavor proving that you don’t need extravagant processes of a million ingredients to make a good meal. So far I’ve made a few things from each section (the poached salmon soup is amaze!). It was hard to decide what to share on the blog, but after a while, it was obvious that the tahini frosting brownies needed to be here.
I love tahini. I don’t post recipes here involving tahini unless its hummus because I am afraid not many of you are as interested in it, but I love it in sweet applications too. And I realized that I need to share more things that I love. So here we are with these incredible tahini frosting brownies that genius, Jennier Farley created. It’s like chocolate peanut butter, but on a whole other level. The frosting is smooth and utterly creamy. It’s not too sweet and is the perfect topping to the brownies which are probably the chewiest morsels I’ve ever had.
If you’ve been on the fence with trying something with tahini, these tahini frosting brownies are definitely a great stepping stone to a whole new world of flavor.
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup tahini (well-stirred)
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a saucepan and heat on low until the butter is melted. Stir until the mixture is well combined and remove from heat.
- Beat in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes.
- Beat the butter and tahini together in a small bowl while the brownies are baking. Stir in the powderes sugar and salt and stir well.
- Remoce the brownies from the pan and allow to cool completely. Spread the frosting on top of the brownies and cut into squares.