Avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie is a creamy, healthy drink that tastes like a decadent milkshake! Your tastebuds won’t believe this is actually a healthy smoothie recipe!
My daughter and I are exactly the same when it comes to our morning rituals. We need to do the same thing every morning or else we are thrown off and cranky the rest of the day. We are particlarly picky about what we eat in the morning (remember when I told you I ate muesli and toast every day for years?). She will only eat cereal, yogurt, or a smoothie.
N goes wild for a good smoothie. She jumps ups and down and starts yelling all over the room when she hears we are going to have smoothies for breakfast. More often than not, she will have a bigger glass than I do! Really, I don’t blame her.
Lately, I’ve been on a bit of a smoothie binge because I love how surprisingly filling they are and the infinite number of flavor combinations there are. One of our favorite smoothies these days is my avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie. I bought a bag of avocados just so we can have this smoothie everyday.
What makes this avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie amazing
- Healthy fats
- Tastes like a milkshake
- Easy to make
Avocado Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Yield 2 smoothies
This creamy, thick avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie taste just like a milkshake, but is totally guilt-free. It's a total win-win!
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 medium ripe frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (more or less to desired consistency)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- Add everything into a blender and blend on high for about 2 - 4 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Add more milk as necessary to reach your desired thickness.
Serving Size 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Sodium 245 mg
Total Carbohydrates 34 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag your culinary creations @acookienameddesire on Instagram and hashtag it #cookienameddesire.