Brown Butter Banana Bread
Yield 1 loaf
An irresistible brown butter banana bread studded with chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 large bananas
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (81.7 grams) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (187 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 (6 grams) teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (88 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degres F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 baking pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a saucepan and heat on medium. Allow the butter to melt, then stir frequently until the butter begins to brown and smell nutty.
- Cool the butter until it is at room temperature.
- Add the bananas to the butter and mash the banana and incorporate into the butter until it is well combined.
- Add the eggs and beat well until it is completely incorporated. Beat in the yogurt, brown sugar, and salt until completely combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until it is just combined, with a few lumps left in the batter.
- Lightly coat the chocolate with a sprinkling of flour. Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the bread begins to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- Once the bread is finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Recipe by A Cookie Named Desire at https://cookienameddesire.com/brown-butter-banana-bread/