Cookie Butter Cookies
Yield 20 cookies
The perfect harmony of spice and chocolate meet in this unforgettable cookie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large eggyolk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup cookie butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, add the butter and sugar together and beat for about 3 - 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and yolk, beat for another 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the cookie butter and vanilla, then beat until completely combined and light in color - another two minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Stir into the butter mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for about one hour. Create balls of dough that are about two tablespoons big, then top with the flaky sea salt if using.
- Bake for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown.
- Transfer to the wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by A Cookie Named Desire at https://cookienameddesire.com/cookie-butter-cookies-recipe/