Fresh Fig Margaritas
Yield 1 drink
Bright and refreshing fresh fig margaritas
- 8 fresh figs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- turbinado sugar
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 oz fig syrup
- 1 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz tequilla
- Cut the figs into quarters.
- Add the cut figs, lavender, and sugar together in a bowl. Muddle well.
- Cover tightly and leave in the refrigerator for at least three hours, preferably overnight for the best results.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down as much as possible to get every bit of liquid.
- Add honey to a plate, and a mixture of turbinado sugar and salt to another. Dip the mouth of your cocktail glass into the honey and then the sugar/salt mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the fig syrup, lime juice, triple sec, and tequilla. Add a few ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice and strain the drink into the glas
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by A Cookie Named Desire at https://cookienameddesire.com/fresh-fig-margarita-recipe/