- 1/2 cup, plus 1 teaspoon warm water
- 2/3 teaspoon active dy yeast
- 1 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon flour (bread or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspon kosher salt
- Place the water and yeast in a bowl, then add the four and salt. Mix until it forms a shaggy dough.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the covered dough in the refrigerator for at least 8 hour, preferrably 24.
- Can be used cold.
Recipe by A Cookie Named Desire at https://cookienameddesire.com/traditional-challah-recipe/