Zucchini Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Yield 2 loaves
A flavorful zucchini pumpkin bread that creates the perfect transition from summer to fall. This bread is lightly sweet, and incredibly addictive.
- 1 cup (225 g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) shredded zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (173 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 g), plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (<-- click for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (180 g) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3.5 oz chocolate (90-100 g), chopped
- 1 cup walnuts (125 g), chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, zucchini, eggs, sugars, butter and vanilla together.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together 3 cups (375 g) flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Coat the chocolate and the walnuts in the remaining flour. Fold into batter.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Recipe by A Cookie Named Desire at https://cookienameddesire.com/zucchini-pumpkin-bread-recipe/