These coconut granola bars are a yummy treat that both tastes like a candy (Almond Joy) and is guilt-free! Simple to make and delicious to scarf down afterwards.
As a self-professed snackaholic, granola bars are one of my favorite things. They are so easy to whip together, there is an infinite number of ways to make granola bars, and I consider them a guilt-free snack cause of all the oats and nuts and stuff. This time around, the "stuff" happens to be a nice amount of toasted coconut, mini chocolate chips, and some nice chopped almonds and a drizzling of ganache. The ganache doesn't set, like a normal granola drizzle and makes a little bit of a mess when storing the bars, but it is soooo worth it. I like to pack up a few of them and stick them in my purse and snack on them whenever I start to feel a bit peckish. They also come in handy when you are out and about and someone complains they are hungry. I whip one of these bad boys out and BAM... instant BFFs.
I've made many a friend that way.
Oh, and also when someone needs a spoon cause I always carry one on my person. You wouldn't believe how handy it is to keep a spoon in your purse. Go right now and put a spoon in a pocket in your purse and I guarantee you will use it at least once in the next week.
So while I wait for you to grab that spoon (or before you officially decide I am too weird for us to hang out), lemme just get that recipe for these chocolate coconut granola bars, k?
Don't have time to make these amazing granola bars now? Pin them for later!
Coconut Almond (Almond Joy) Granola Bars
- 1 cup 75 g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 ¾ 166 g old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup 32 g ground old fashioned oats or pre-ground oat flour
- ½ cup 90 g mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup 100 g granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 100 g chopped unsalted almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup 85 g, plus 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Get the rest over at http://homegrownandhealthy.com/chocolate-coconut-granola-bars/