It's a [virtual] pumpkin party, guys! We are 10 days away from Halloween and already knee-deep in pumpkin everything, so we (we being a bunch of super amazing super bloggers that I seriously admire, and me) decided to just go full tilt and bring on the pumpkin en masse. Because let's face it: pumpkins are the best.
I have a bit of a love affair with crepes. I don't eat them much during the summer, but as soon as the weather turns cool, I whip out my crepe maker and it basically stays on til spring. I thought what better way to celebrate this pumpkin party and crepe-making season than with a huge serving of pumpkin crepes and a light as air cinnamon ginger cheesecake filling.
Usually when I go out for crepes, I always end up getting a savory crepe. Something filled with a nice sauce, chicken and a ton of veggies. At home I always, always make sweet crepes. I don't even know if I know how to make a savory crepe. My favorite sweet crepes are my hazelnut crepes. They are nuty and sweet and go well with so many different fillings. These pumpkin crepes, however, really give the hazelnut crepes a run for their money. I love how they still stay so moist, after cooking and have so much flavor in them. The cinnamon ginger cheesecake filling is amazing, but I can eat these crepes all on their own.
I use a crepe maker to make my crepes. It's basically just a large, flat, and circular griddle. You don't need one to make crepes though. Any large, shallow skillet will work (for the sake of the recipe, I will just call it a griddle). My biggest tip is to work quickly so the batter has a chance to spread before it gets cooked. A trick I use to do that is to keep the temperature lower than recommended. Usually recipes ask for a temperature of about 400 degrees F (or medium high on a stove), so I keep mine at a medium (or about 300- 350 degrees F).
The crepes you see here are filled with just the cheesecake filling, but I love adding things to it like sliced poached pears or roasted apples for more flavor and texture. Yum.
Pumpkin Crepes with Cinnamon Ginger Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups milk room temperaure
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon finely diced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup freshly whipped cream
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, spice and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until there are no lumps. Place in the refrigerator while your griddle heats.
- Heat a 10-inch or 12-inch griddle on medium heat. Lightly coat the griddle with butter or oil (I used cooking spray).
- Take out your batter and place ¼ cup in the middle of the griddle and working quickly, spread the batter so that it evenly coats the griddle. Cook for about a minute, then turn the crepe and cook for another minute on the other side. Place on a paper towel, and put another paper towel over the crepe.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, placing the crepes on top of one another using paper towels to separate them.
- Make your filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger and beat well. Mix in the diced ginger and vanilla and mix. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread some of the filling (I used about two heaping tablespoons) over ¼ of a crepe. Fold the crepe in half to form a semi circle, then in half again to form a triangle over the filling. Repeat with the remaining crepes. Top with shaved chocolate if desired!
Get ready to party!! Here are the other amazing pumpkin recipes from the other bloggers joining in on the fun!
A Couple Cooks • Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
I Am a Food Blog • Roasted Pumpkin and Pork Stuffed Shells
Well and Full • Harissa-Spiced Pumpkin Gnocchi
Loves Food, Loves to Eat • Pumpkin Pork Burrito Bowls
Girl Versus Dough • Pumpkin Challah
Snixy Kitchen • Black Sesame Pumpkin Mochi Cake
Hungry Girl por Vida • Pumpkin Chocolate Crumb Cake
Donuts, Dresses and Dirt • Pumpkin Spice Latte Truffles
Two Red Bowls • Pumpkin & Caramelized Onion Galette
The Frosted Vegan • Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Gingersnaps
Warm Vanilla Sugar • Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Ice Cream + Affogato
An Edible Mosaic • Pumpkin Spice Latte Snack Cake with Brown Butter Buttercream
Kitchen Konfidence • Yeasted Pumpkin Waffles with Candied Ginger
Chocolate + Marrow • Pumpkin Scones with Cinnamon Butter Swirl
The Pig & Quill • Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes with Pumpkin Spice Caramel + Coconut Cream
Salt & Wind • Apple Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins with Pepita Streusel
With Food + Love • Creamy Pumpkin Polenta with Balsamic Roasted Beets
A Cookie Named Desire • Pumpkin Crepes with Cinnamon Ginger Cheesecake
Nommable • Pumpkin Moon Pies
Feed Me Phoebe • Thai Pumpkin Curry with Shrimp and Bok Choy
The Yellow Table • Coconut-Curry Pumpkin Soup
Ginger & Toasted Sesame • Pumpkin Ricotta Gnudi
The Crepes of Wrath • Pumpkin Pie Cake
The Swirling Spoon • Pumpkin Hand Pies
Erin Made This • Pumpkin Rye Waffles with Coconut Caramel
Beard and Bonnet • Pumpkin Spice Pizzelle Ice Cream Sandwiches
My Name is Yeh • Pumpkin Slice and Bake Cookies
Earthy Feast • Pumpkin-Stuffed Turnip-Ravioli with Pepita Pesto
Broma Bakery • Pumpkin Pie White Chocolate Brownies
Floating Kitchen • Pumpkin Beertail with Tequila and Spiced Rum
The Sugar Hit • Pumpkin Everything Bagels
The Bojon Gourmet • Pumpkin Flatbread with Gruyére and Crispy Sage (gluten-free)
Sprinkled with Jules • Pumpkin Spice French Macarons
Feast + West • Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Toffee Bark
Jojotastic • Pumpkin Cinnamon Rimming Sugar
Fix Feast Flair • Pumpkin Spice Japanese Cheesecake
Appeasing a Food Geek • Pumpkin Ale Cake
Tending the Table • Roasted Pumpkin with Tamarind and Coriander Chutney
Long Distance Baking • Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream + Pumpkin Pancakes
My Blue & White Kitchen • Roasted Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Prosciutto
Fork Vs. Spoon • Pumpkin Buttermilk Pudding
Alyssa & Carla • Pumpkin Tea Bread (in a Coffee Can!)
Twin Stripe • Pumpkin Spice Toffee
Le Jus d'Orange • Lentil-Stuffed Acorn Squash, Crispy King Oyster Bacon + Aged Goat Cheese
The Scratch Artist • Japanese Pumpkin Temaki with Ginger Kale Chips
Brewing Happiness • Caramelized Apple Pumpkin Muffins
Blogging Over Thyme • Homemade Candied Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream Drumsticks
Heartbeet Kitchen • Pumpkin Swirled Mashed Potatoes
The Speckled Palate • Pumpkin Brown Butter Streusel Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt • Pumpkin Gingersnap Pie
Style Sweet CA • Chocolate Stout and Pumpkin Checkerboard Cake
Fork to Belly • Pumpkin Orange Brulee Pie
Tasty Yummies • Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Påte á Chew • Pumpkin Almond Cake with Almond Butter Frosting
Holly & Flora • Pumpkin Pie Martini with Coconut Cream + Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Southern Soufflé • Sorghum Pumpkin Soufflés
Okie Dokie Artichokie • Creamy Pumpkin and Chorizo Pasta Bake, Cheese Tortellini, Sage-Mascarpone Sauce, Toasted Hazelnuts
Kale & Caramel • Pumpkin Goat Cheese Polenta with Brown Butter Thyme Mushrooms & Kale
The Little Epicurean • Maple Pumpkin Butter Brioche Toast
Vigor and Sage • Maple Pumpkin Harvest Smoothie
Tried and Tasty • Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Sprouted Routes • Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Risotto with Sweet & Spicy Roasted Pepitas (gluten free)
The Fauxmartha • Baked Pumpkin Donuts
So... Let's Hang Out • Grain-Free Apple Crumble Pumpkin Pie
Wit & Vinegar • Pumpkin Flaxseed Dog Treats
Dunk & Crumble • Pumpkin Roundup
Biscuits and Such • Pumpkin Pound Cake
SugarHero! • Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Pound Cake
A Little Saffron • Spiced Pepita Brittle