A healthy, fresh tasting, and extra creamy soup that leaves you guilt free. This Vegan Green garden Soup is great for when you have a cold, or just want to get rid of some vegetables in your fridge.
I’ve been working on a lot of indulgent, high-calorie desserts lately. I can’t help myself, I have a major sweet tooth. So, it’s high time that I start working on something kinder to our waistlines. What I love about my Green Garden Soup is that you can really add in any green veggies you like and somehow it always works.
This is super low calorie, so you can each a whole pot of this completely guilt-free. And believe me, there were a few occasions when I’ve come close! Whenever I feel like I need to detox a bit or whenever I have a cold, I always make this soup. It is creamy, flavorful and has about a million nutrients. It’s perfect.
I recommend using a good blender or blend everything in small batches to ensure that the soup can reach a creamy consistency without adding any cream. You are welcome to add cream if you wish, of course! I love adding coconut or almond milk to mine on occasion. I also sometimes like to have a bit of crusty bread on the side and top with a bit of Nutritional Yeast, which is a vegan version of Parmesan cheese. It’s delicious. And, if possible, get your vegetables at your local Farmer’s Market. It’s not a requirement, but I just love to support the local farmers and businesses in the area.
Don’t have time to make this soup now? Pin it for later!
Vegan Green Garden Soup
Yield 6 heaping servings
A healthy, fresh tasting, and extra creamy soup that leaves you guilt free. Great for when you have a cold, or just want to get rid of some vegetables in your fridge.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 bunch of kale leaves
- 2 cups (300 g) of sweet peas
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of vegetable broth, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the broccoli, asparagus, and kale leaves to bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Mince the onion and garlic and saute them in the extra virgin olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the vegetables and cook until softened.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender and add the vegetable broth to help reduce the heat (You never want to blend anything that is hot unless you want soup all over your kitchen!). Blend until smooth and creamy - about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on your blender. If you are using an immersion blender, add the vegetable broth to the vegetables and blend in your pot.
- Transfer the soup back to your pot and add your herbs, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve immediately.
Courses Lunch, Dinner
Did you make a recipe?
Tag your culinary creations @acookienameddesire on Instagram and hashtag it #cookienameddesire.