Alright, I am going to be honest with you. I wasn’t planning on sharing another smoothie for a very long time. And I don’t think I was ever going to share this recipe on the blog… ever. But you know what, this has been my go-to smoothie recipe for the past few months, so I figured I may as well share it with you guys because obviously I really love it.
This purple smoothie was not the easiest to photograph. I mean, how appetizing does a thick purple drink really look? But I did my best, what do you think?
Of course, your smoothie doesn’t have to be purple. Mine is only because I used a lot of blueberries and blackberries in this particular batch. Feel free to go for cherries, strawberries, and raspberries when you make yours. This is a master peanut butter and jelly smoothie recipe, so you can adjust the recipe to your own personal tastes easily. Don’t like peanut butter? Try almond butter! Don’t want kale? Skip it! Want to try it with actual jelly or jam? DO IT! It’s super delicious. I recommend 1 – 2 tablespoons. This smoothie is your blank canvas to bring you a delicious ratio of fruity and peanut butter goodness.
Having a pb&j sandwich on the side is also optional, but oh so delicious.
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 medium frozen sliced banana,
- 1¾ cups frozen berries (I used a mix of blueberries, cherries, and raspberries)
- ¼ cups shredded kale
- 1 tablespoon flax seed chia mix
- 3 - 4 tablespoons peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 -2 tablespoons jam or preserves of your choice(optional)
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed into a blender. Blend on low for a minute until the banana and berries are broken up, then slowly increase the speed to medium, blend for another minute before taking the speed up to high, or until you see a fast vortex in the middle of the mixture and blend for another minute.