No matter what season it is, I go through chocolate cravings that only something with deep chocolate goodness throughout will satisfy. Still, we are right in the heart of summer and I don’t want to be a slave to my kitchen, so I need something that is easy to put together with a few ingredients and still cool enough to keep me from melting under the summer sun.
Also, I don’t want to share. Call me a bad mom or just a mean person, but when I want chocolate. I want it all to myself. I am not beyond hiding in a closet to enjoy my treat. So I made this pots de crème for one… or two if you are feeling generous. Me? I have one right after N goes to bed and save one for when another chocolate craving hits…. usually a few hours later or when I’m catching up on Netflix!
I suggest making this delicious chocolate pudding in the morning so it can chill in the fridge and by the time the kids go to bed, you have a nice cool, chocolate treat to indulge in during the warm summer night. If you decide that you really want to share the almond milk pots de crème, this recipe can also easily be double, tripled, or quadrupled. It’s all up to you!
Almond Milk Pots de Crème for One (or Two)
Yield 2 puddings
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup Blue Diamond chocolate almond milk
- 30g bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vanilla bean paste, egg yolk, and honey together. Whisk until it is well combined.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk and chocolate together until the chocolate melts and mixes into the milk.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture while constantly whisking the yolks. Strain the mixture and evenly divide between two ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a baking pan and fill the baking pan with water until the water is halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place the pudding into the refrigerator to chill for at least an three hours. Serve chilled and preferably with fresh whipped cream and berries.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag your culinary creations @acookienameddesire on Instagram and hashtag it #cookienameddesire.
This “Easy as Breeze” post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. For more “Easy As Breeze” recipes made with five ingredients or less, visit Almond Breeze on Facebook, Twitter Instagram, and Pinterest.