Put this Bailey’s Irish Cream Hot Fudge on everything. This is the chocolate cure-all you’ve been craving!
I had plans. Big plans. I mean, plans that would rock your socks off. Of course, these plans can never come to fruition if I don’t do certain things… like buy the main ingredients to the recipes I want to make. I will not even mention what my original plans were so as to not have you yell and throw things at me. Instead, I opt to distract you with this ultra-decadent Bailey’s Irish Cream Hot Fudge and hope you will forget.
I’ve been wanting to make Bailey’s Irish Cream hot fudge for ages now. I do not know what’s taken me to long. I’ve made just about every other kind of hot fudge out there. Amaretto, praline, red wine and more, but never Bailey’s.
This is an incredibly easy recipe to make. Everything gets tossed in one pot and simmers. How long you simmer the fudge for actually depends on you and the situation. If you think any children may find their way around the fudge, definitely let the fudge simmer for at least 3 – 4 minutes to make sure the alcohol cooks away. If you don’t mind a bit of a zing with your fudge, heat up everything and allow it to simmer before slowly adding the Bailey’s. Once the Bailey’s is in, simmer for about 30 seconds longer.
If you find you have some lumps in your Bailey’s Irish Cream hot fudge, which tends to happen, you can allow the mixture to cool for a bit and carefully finish in the blender. Be careful of blending any hot liquids because of pressure build-up.
Don’t have time to make this addictive fudge now? Pin it for later!
Baileys Irish Cream Hot Fudge Recipe
Yield 1 jar
Put this Bailey's Irish Cream Hot Fudge on everything. This is the chocolate cure-all you've been craving!
- 1/2 cup (41 g) unsweetened cocoa (dutch processed recommended)
- 1/2 cup (100 g), plus two tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 g) unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 3/4 cup (150 mL) Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Combine the cocoa and sugar in a saucepan and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat on medium low, whisking continuously.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove the hot fudge from the heat and allow to cool slightly prior to using.