A creamy Philadelphia-style coffee ice cream studded with chocolate chip cookies. This chocolate chip cookie coffee ice cream is an irresistible year-round treat.
This post has been sponsored by Albertsons Companies family of stores. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love coffee ice cream. I have ever since I was a kid. That's right. I was the weird kid ordering coffee-flavored ice cream. When I started making my own ice cream at home, coffee was one of the first flavors I wanted to make. And I have to tell you, making your own tastes infinitely better.
What makes creating your own chocolate chip cookie coffee ice cream even more amazing is that with the SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® Collect & Win Game featuring MONOPOLY at ACME, you can also potentially win an incredible prize while shopping for the ingredients you need for the ice cream. Conveniently, they also make it easy to redeem your game pieces online on your desktop and your phone via the Shop, Play Win! app. It's seriously one of my favorites.
I play the MONOPOLY Collect & Win game at my local ACME Markets, but you can Shop, Play, Win! at any of the Albertsons Companies stores like Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, Carrs/Safeway, United Supermarkets, Amigos, Albertsons Market and Market Street stores.
You can find many eligible MONOPOLY Collect & Win Game products (products you can purchase for more game tickets) in basically any aisle of your local ACME Markets—and it's not just food products, either. Many of the products we use to make this chocolate chip cookie coffee ice cream are included, so this is an all-around win.
This chocolate chip cookie coffee ice cream is deliciously creamy thanks to the cream cheese. It has a deep coffee flavor from the Maxwell coffee, which has incredible caramel undertones that perfectly complement the chocolate chip cookies. It's the perfect combination of everything together,
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Maxwell coffee grounds
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies, roughly crumbled
- Combine the milk (except for 2 tablespoons), cream, coffee, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to steep for about 10 minutes.
- While the milk is steeping in the coffee, combine the remaining two tablespoons of milk and the cornstarch together and mix well in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and rested until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the cream cheese until fully incorporated with as few lumps as possible.
- Strain the coffee out of the milk mixture using a cheesecloth to remove all the coffee grounds.
- Slowly drizzle some of the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix well until fully incorporated. Pour the cream cheese mixture back into the milk mixture and place the liquid back into the saucepan.
- Stir well and simmer until it is thick and creamy. Remove from heat and place in a gallon freezer bag. Add in the vanilla and mix in the bag. Place the bag in an ice bath for about 15 minutes, then place in the refrigerator until the mixture is completely cold—at least 40 degrees F.
- Churn according to your ice cream machine's manufacturer instructions. Add in the chopped cookies during the last five minutes of churning. Place in an airtight container and freeze solid for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g