Making cashew milk at home is easier than you might think! This creamy milk alternative is perfect for your morning coffee, blending into smoothies, or drinking alongside your favorite cookies!
I am weird about the dairy I consume. I love it in my butter and my ice cream and in my baked goods. I don’t usually like to drink it straight though. Typically, if I am just drinking it, I like to use a milk alternative. I’ve been buying this almond/cashew milk blend for years, but I occasionally make it myself, too. Since _____ had a recipe for cashew milk, plus a few ways to change it up for fun (hello, strawberry milk), I thought now would be the perfect time to share a quick and easy recipe on how to make your own at home.
What I love about making my own cashew milk at home is that it is easier than any other type of milk alternative. It requires fewer steps and equipment to make it.
Thanks to its ultra-creamy consistency, it’s perfect for lattes and smoothies.
Cashew Milk FAQs
- Unlike other types of alternative milks, you do not need to strain cashew milk. After you blend, you are ready to go. Some separation might happen after a day or two, but you can give it just a quick stir to get it back together.
- The ingredients to make cashew milk are very simple. All you require is water, cashews, a bit of salt, vanilla, and either maple syrup or dates for sweetness.
- Cashew milk can replace dairy milk in baking for an exact 1:1 ratio.
- Yes, cashew milk can go bad, I recommend using up your cashew milk within 7 days.
- You can heat cashew milk, and it is great in hot or iced coffee. It can also be frothed in the same methods as dairy milk.
- Homemade cashew milk is safe to drink on keto as long as you do not add anything to sweeten it.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked*
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Add the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Allow it to settle for a few minutes, then transfer to a pitcher.
- Chill for at least 4 hours for the milk to fully cool.
*The cashews should soak in hot water for 2 hours, then drained
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 191 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 6g