This key lime smoothie bowl is a mouthwatering way to start your day. Filled with tropical flavors, you will immediately be taken to a mini vacation in every bite as you root for Team USA Volleyball.
Honest talk. I had no clue what a "smoothie bowl" was for a long time. And then I resisted for a while because smoothies are supposed to be portable and something I can drink on my way out the door. I can't do that with a bowl. Otherwise I'd eat bowls of cereal while running my morning errands. But then I also find myself sometimes wanting something to eat along with my smoothie. Like granola or something with a bit of crunch to satisfy that need to chew on something. That's when I realized that maybe smoothie bowls aren't that bad. So, I made this key lime smoothie bowl and I have to say, it does not disappoint!
In fact, I kinda think this key lime smoothie works better as a bowl with the granola and kiwi and toasted coconut flakes to completely the flavors of the smoothie. It just isn't the same on its own and I kinda love it for that. This key lime smoothie bowl is perfect for those mornings when you want something easy and sweet and won't weigh you down. A healthy breakfast you can feel good about. Something I imagine would make someone playing for Team USA Volleyball, of which Almond Breeze is an official sponsor, would enjoy having.
The key lime smoothie bowl is light and bright with easy tropical flavors that will satisfy most palates. If you can't find fresh key limes, I know plenty of stores now sell it bottled (usually I find it near the margarita mixes). In a pinch, good ol' regular limes work just as well. Also experiment with toppings. I used a vanilla bean granola with Blue Diamond whole almonds, but anything would work. There are also so many brands of toasted coconut with a ton of different flavors that would all work as well!
Key Lime Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Key Lime Smoothie Bowl
- ½ medium avocado or 1 small
- 1 large frozen banana
- ⅔ cups Almond Breeze almondmilk
- ⅔ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon key lime juice (about 4 or 5 fresh key limes)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons maple syrup optional, depending on sweetness preference
- 1 kiwi
- ¼ cup vanilla bean almond granola
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Add the avocado, banana, almond milk, yogurt, key lime juice, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until a smooth, thick consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Peel the kiwi and slice. Arrange on top of the smoothie. Add the granola and coconut on top of the smoothie as well.
- Enjoy immediately.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Almond Breeze believes in the best. That’s why we only use Blue Diamond Almonds to make our almondmilk and why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Volleyball. Visit www.ServeUpYourBest.com for a chance to win $5,000 for the ultimate beach day, learn fun volleyball moves, get Almond Breeze coupons and smoothie recipes!