Juicy lamb meatballs bursting with flavor. You’ll love these Greek-inspired meatballs for any meal. Perfect for pizza, salads, wraps, or eating on their own.
I have a love affair with lamb. A few years ago, I cut out quite a bit of meat from my diet, but lamb was one that I kept. Unfortunately, it isn’t as popular where I live, but I am starting to see it more often in the grocery stores which makes me incredibly happy.
Most of the time, I like my lamb with heavy Mediterranean inspiration, like my lamb gyros. Lamb is a big part of that diet, so they really know how to make the flavor of the meat truly shine. So, it’s no wonder that these lamb meatballs have the same flavor profile.
The lamb meatballs actually come from the cookbook, Genuine Pizza as a side salad, or as a topping for pizza. I am in love with the cookbook, a lot of the combinations are really delicious, and the book is clearly more than just pizza. It’s about the meal as a whole, including starters, sides, drinks, and desserts. This is perfect if you want to turn pizza night into something more special.
Lamb Meatballs F.A.Q.
- Lamb meatballs can be frozen. Simply allow the meatballs to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container before placing in the freezer. You can freeze them for up to a month in a standard freezer, and up to six months in a deep freezer.
- These lamb meatballs are cooked in the oven. It helps to retain their rounder shape and ensures they are all uniformly cooked through. You can fry them, or even cook them in your sauce, just know that you must check on cooking times, as they will differ.
- It is okay if your lamb meatballs have a slight pink tone in the centers as long as the meat is not completely uncooked.
- These meatballs are gluten-free as we do not add anything beyond the herbs and spices in the meat.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1lbs ground lamb
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all the ingredients until they are well-combined.
- Make meatballs that are approximately 2 tablespoons big and place in rows on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, or until baked through, but still juicy.
- Enjoy immediately on their own or as a part of a meal. Good hot or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 meatball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g