Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to skip on a little sweet snack! These candied mixed nuts are naturally sweetened and a delicious way to fuel you during that midday slump! This post has been sponsored by The Marketplace, by Acme. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Honestly, it can be hard to get out to the grocery store for some items—especially when I can’t get them in all the stores I tend to go to. I am a huge fan of buying what I can online. It allows me to make sure I get exactly what I need, and I often get it in bulk. Sometimes, it can be tricky trusting the quality of some online places to get these products—hence why I was so excited to try The Marketplace by Acme.
Acme is a store I know and trust. Many of my friends in high school worked at Acme, and I shop there as an adult often. The Marketplace sells a variety of specialty products in grocery, household, wellness, and even pets. You can buy from local vendors through Acme to ensure you can trust what you are getting. Shopping is easy, and I tend to do it right on my phone. I just search what I am specifically looking for or browse for new products and brands to try.
They have just about everything you need to fill up your pantry, including my favorite nut mix by Food to Live.
I love this nut mix. It is a bit of a sweet treat but still on the better-for-you side, so you don’t have to feel too guilty munching when you are out running errands and trying to stick to those new year’s resolutions. Instead of using refined sugars, we use pure maple syrup as our only sweetener. What’s so cool about the maple syrup is that as it cooks, it creates this lovely crunchy coating on the nuts.
The blend of spices and vanilla, plus the slight kick from espresso powder, makes this a flavor-packed snack that will keep you fueled and going on strong until your next meal. (Bonus: you can get all the ingredients using The Marketplace). Honestly, I can’t think of anything better than knowing I can satisfy a bit of a sweet tooth while still cutting back on refined sugars.
I recommend getting a little adventurous with this snack mix. Add in dried fruits to the finished mix or add in additional items like hemp or flax seeds, pepitas, pistachios, or anything else you may have in the pantry! You can also make them more seasonal by adding pumpkin spice or adding a bit of a kick with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 5 cups Food to Live Healthy Mix of Raw Nuts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the mixed nuts in a bowl and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the maple syrup in a small saucepan, heat on medium and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes. It should be visibly thicker but not too thick.
- Add in the cinnamon, ginger, espresso, salt, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the maple over the nuts and stir well to combine.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and place the nuts in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring well after every 10 minutes. Give it a last stir when finished baking. The maple should become granulated and stuck to the nuts.
- Allow to cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 16g Protein: 10g