I’ve never really been into those store-bought burger buns. They are just too soft and they don’t have that satisfying chew to them…. Am I saying that right? You know, that chew you get from a good burger bun? Yeah, you probably think I am crazy right about now, I’m sure. Just humor me, okay?
These buns are super simple to make, even for anyone who is timid about using yeast, is buttery and has that “chew” I am so obsessed about. It’s the perfect burger bun. Plus, since we use quick rise yeast, the rise time is cut in half meaning you get to enjoy this buns sooner. Score!
And by the way, when I say this is a simple buttery burger buns recipe, I mean it… cause I’ve had burger bun recipes come out more like biscuits or too dense or the dough was just not easy to handle and I HATE that. Burgers are great and are so much fun. (By now, you should know how much I love burgers), so making some buns should be just as great and fun. Top them with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cheese, onion, garlic… whatever! The choices are endless and it is all delicious!
Bonus Burger Recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 strips of cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 4oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon dehydrated garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 packet of ranch dressing powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the above ingredients together and form into 8 patties. and grill. Top with more cheese
- Toast the burger buns slightly and lightly butter the insides. Place the patties in the buns
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, carmelized onions, and condiments of your choice (try some tapenade!)