There is nothing better than Thanksgiving leftovers! Turning them into turkey sliders are the best way to give our Thanksgiving favorites new life! This post has been sponsored by SC Johnson makers of the Ziploc® brand. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving dinner can be one of the best meals of the year. All the delicious traditional favorites, with maybe a few new dishes sprinkled in. It’s so good. Especially all the leftovers.
One of my friends introduced me to the Thanksgiving sandwich when I was about 5 and my mind was blown. You mean to tell me I can put all my favorite Thanksgiving food into one sandwich and have a flavor party in my mouth? Sold!
That’s why it was long overdue that I share my turkey sliders. They are basically the Thanksgiving sandwich in a smaller form, perfect if you want to have it with a side salad to balance out the carbs, or make them shareable. Bonus, they make great take-home gifts to your guests by turning them into a meal kit with the help of Ziploc® brand containers so they can make their own at home.
If you want to pick up your own Ziploc® brand products, Coupons.com has a $1 / 2 any Ziploc® brand offer,
What’s even better is you can use this as a guide to mix and match your favorite Thanksgiving foods. Add in some of the green bean casserole or mac and cheese. You can even swap out the turkey for ham! The possibilities are endless.
How to Make Turkey Sliders Meal Kits
There is nothing better than being a guest at someone’s house and leaving with a nice little treat to look forward to when you get home. These sliders are perfect for dividing up leftovers among everyone.
- Divide up the leftovers into Ziploc® brand Holiday bags. Make sure the turkey is at room temperature before bagging it. Use small containers for liquid ingredients like gravy.
- Store each of the bags inside one Ziploc® brand Press ‘N Seal container. Top the Press ‘N Seal container with the Twist “N Loc containers, and keep tie them together.
- Hand them out with a little card telling them how to assemble the sliders. (Pro tip: Use the recipe card below if you are giving away containers for larger kits, or divide the recipe according to the number of sliders you are giving each guest).
- Become the favorite Thanksgiving host EVER!
The recipe below will make three meal kits, each making four sliders. If you need to make more, you can easily double, triple, etc. the recipe, as needed. The same goes for scaling down if you want to make fewer kits!
How to Pack Up Your Turkey Slider Meal Kit for Your Guests
The Ziploc® brand holiday printed bags are perfect for storing many of your other leftovers too like the macaroni and cheese or the sweet potatoes. The Ziploc® brand Twist ‘N Loc containers are my favorite for storing more liquid leftovers like the gravy and cranberry sauce because they are totally leakproof with built-in grips that make it easy to open.
Leftovers you aren’t eating immediately should be stored in the Ziploc® brand Press ‘N Seal containers. Stored in the refrigerator, they only get better – I even build a sandwich and eat it cold! Personally, I like to make several so the family can grab a few. Plus, if they want to take a few to work or school, it is easy to make a few from the container and put into one of the holiday bags.
All the containers are perfectly festive which makes them great for giving them to family and friends to take with them to make their own turkey sliders at home.
Keep all food in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Side note: being sustainable is something that’s very important to me – it’s something I advocate for a lot, especially today. One of the reasons I really enjoy Ziploc® brand products. Both their containers and bags can be reused. It’s so funny when people are amazed when we wash and reuse our Ziploc® brand bags. I do the same with my reusable pastry bags, and the Ziploc® brand Holiday printed bags are sturdy enough to do it too.
Don’t forget! If you want to pick up your own Ziploc® brand products, Coupons.com has a $1 / 2 any Ziploc® brand offer,
- 16 small dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup stuffing
- 1/4 cup gravy
- 1 1/2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 2 - 3 ounces cheese
- 1/3 cup French fried onions
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut open the dinner rolls on their sides. Place the bottom halves on a baking sheet
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top with turkey in an even layer
- Spread the stuffing over the turkey, then drizzle gravy on top.
- Top with the cheese and the French fried onions.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the top half of the rolls before placing on top of the sliders.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot - makes four servings (four sliders per serving)
- To make into meal kits for guests, separate each component into Ziploc® brand bags and small containers. Place the bags inside a Ziploc® brand Press ‘N Seal container for easy organization and storage. Include instructions for assembly and baking. You can use this printable thank you card with the recipe if you like!
Also use: Ziploc® brand holiday printed bags
Can include or mix and match any of your favorite Thanksgiving and holiday leftovers such as macaroni and cheese or sweet potatoes (minus the marshmallows!) These are just my personal favorite ingredients for the sliders!
Serving Size:4 sliders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 938mg Carbohydrates: 75g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g