It isn't summer without a sundae and it doesn't get better than a brownie sundae. You won't want to share this delicious dessert, but luckily it's easy like Sundae morning so any one can make it. 😉
I love ice cream. Actually, I love making ice cream and ice cream related desserts. I don't actually enjoy eating a ton of ice cream because it makes my tummy feel so weighed down for hours on end. But making it for others to enjoy? That is totally my jam. Sometimes I will eat ice cream, but it has to be really good and something I am really in the mood for. I've been craving a brownie sundae for weeks now. I even wrote it down as something I needed to make soon.
Finally, I caved.
I made myself what I consider to be the ultimate brownie sundae. It's filled with my favorite peanut butter hot fudge sauce, a deep dark chocolate sauce, pecans, mountains of whipped cream, and of course, a cherry on top because, duh. It's basically the kind of dessert you gotta savor cause you know you aren't going all out like this a whole ton. Especially if you are like me and will be drowning your sundae in sauce and whipped cream... and maybe an extra cherry or two.
I started off with my favorite chewy brownies. You can bake up a whole batch for a party, or just do a half pan. If you want to halve it, I've cut down the recipe and gave you the instructions under the recipe for the brownie sundae. I like to make sure I have enough brownie to cut into cubes to make a few sundaes. I find it's impossible to make just one if others are nearby. Plus, who wants to eat a sundae by themselves? Sundaes are meant to be enjoyed with others! But trust me, I totally get not wanting to share your brownie sundae. That's why we have extra ingredients on hand, right? 😉
- ½ cup cubed brownies I halved this [brownie recipe] the recipe for a half batch of brownies is below
- 2 tablespoons [peanut butter hot fudge sauce]
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 2 tablespoons candied pecans
- 2 - 3 scoops vanilla ice cream or any flavor mix+ match
- cherry optional
- Add a layer of brownies cut in cubes to your dish.
- Top with drizzles of peanut butter hot fudge sauce and chocolate sauce.
- Sprinkle candied pecans.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Continue with the layers until you've filled your container and top with a cherry!
Half Batch Brownies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped fine
- 1 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder and set to the side.
- Add about an inch of water into a small saucepan. Heat until it is begins to boil and turn off the heat, but do not remove the saucepan. Top with a heatproof bowl that is wide enough that it doesn't touch the hot water.
- Add the chocolate, butter, oil, and sugars together in the heatproof bowl and mix until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix well for about 1 -2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Leave a Reply