Summer won't be complete without a thick, creamy chocolate cherry milkshake that tastes just like a Black Forest cake.
Happy Chocolate Week!! Wait, you don't know what Chocolate Week is? Well, it's unofficially officially the most amazing week of the year. It was created by blogger friend, Melanie from Melanie Makes and I can't thank her enough for it because as I've mentioned before when I shared my Snickers Cupcakes, I am seriously craving chocolate. Chocolate Week actually started earlier on so you can go to Melanie's site and get more chocolaty recipes.
A part of my craving for chocolate, I've also been craving something really cold and in 90 degree weather, a milkshake just sounded perfect to me. And since I've fallen for Black Forest flavored anything, this chocolate cherry milkshake had to happen. It's so thick and creamy with a nice balance of chocolate and cherry thanks to a generous amount of frozen cherries and cherry flavored whipped cream. Friends, cherry flavored whipped cream is everything. Learn it, love it, live it.
I am always a fan of spiking a milkshake every so often, but with this chocolate cherry milkshake, I think it is perfect just as it is. Spiking it would only take away from the sweet, decadence of the milkshake. Instead, hang out in the shade with an extra large straw and enjoy.
And if you are like me and want to pair your chocolate cherry milkshake with some more chocolate goodness, be sure to check out the other recipes below!
- Emily - Dark Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Miranda - Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Melanie D - Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Melanie B - Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake
Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups pitted cherries
- ⅔ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup divided
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice*
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Add the ice cream, cherries, milk, and one tablespoon of chocolate syrup to the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup along the sides of your glass and pour the milkshake in.
- Add the cherry juice, heavy cream, and powdered sugar together and beat until it forms stiff peaks.
- Top the milkshakes with the whipped cream