This chocolate covered strawberry smoothie may taste rich and decadent, but it is actually a healthy good for your body, mind, and soul smoothie perfect for detoxing, or just enjoying because, you know, chocolate and strawberry.
A few readers have requested that I start sharing more smoothies on the blog, and I am more than happy to oblige! I love smoothies and my daughter asks for them on a near daily basis, so I have plenty to share. By the way, did you check out the birthday cake smoothie I posted?
This chocolate covered strawberry smoothie is one I make for myself the most often when I am craving something really indulgent in the morning, but want to try and keep things healthy. This was the first smoothie I started making when I first thought to add cocoa powder to my smoothies. I thought I would try and romance myself into being healthy for the day by making this smoothie. And it works.... most of the time. 😉
I use frozen strawberries, but you can still use fresh strawberries - just be sure to remember that the smoothie will be a thinner consistency, which may not be a bad thing if you like a thinner smoothie. Me? I like my smoothies so thick, you need a spoon to eat.
What kinds of smoothies do you enjoy?
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana frozen
- 12 - 14 strawberries frozen
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 ½ tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips optional
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender in the order they are listed.
- Blend on low to break up the frozen banana and strawberries for about a minute. Slowly bring the speed up to medium, you should see a swirl going down toward the middle of the mixture (or a vortex). Blend for at least a minute longer, then bring up the speed to high and blend for about another minute longer.