These creamy coconut lime mojito shooters with a hit of blueberry are your new tropical getaway. This simple lime mojito shot has a wonderful balance of flavors and is so easy to put together. Can be made ahead of time so party planning is easier!
I’ll be honest with you. I’ve never been a huge fan of shots. If I am going to drink, I usually try and get the drink with the most volume because I want to be able to savor the flavors over and over again. Most shots are just so fleeting in flavor and I want to have more and more, but my liver can’t handle all that! I’m not 21 anymore.
But then I tried this creamy shooter and fell in love with it. The creaminess helps to coat the tongue more so the flavors last longer and makes it a much more satisfying experience. I decided I needed to make my own creation. With Cinco de Mayo just a day away, these coconut lime mojito shooters seemed like the obvious choice!
I can’t express how much I love these coconut lime mojito shooters. They are creamy and full of coconut flavor thanks to coconut milk and a touch of sweetened condensed milk for sweetness. I combined the two together to make my own rough cream of coconut. I then muddled freshly picked mint leaves from the garden in the lime and rum. For these shooters I used my chocolate mint which adds a subtle hint of chocolate to the nose when you drink the mojito shooters. Don’t think you need to go out and find chocolate mint because I only discovered it last year so I doubt it is easy to find! Any ol’ mint will do just fine! For a bit of color and flavor, I made a simple blueberry syrup to add to the bottoms of the shooters.
My mom, the expert shot taker (apparently) suggested gently stirring the bottom of the glasses after you’ve added the coconut lime mojito shooters to mix in the blueberry slightly and give it an ombre look. Well played, mom. Well played.
Coconut Lime Mojito Shooters with Blueberry
Yield 15 shooters
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup blueberries (I used frozen wild blueberries)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves, plus extra for optional garnish
- ½ cup, plus 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup, plus ¼ cup white rum
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours undisturbed. Open the can and scoop out the thickened top layer, discarding the water at the bottom.
- While the coconut is separating in the refrigerator, make the blueberry syrup. Mix together the blueberries, sugar, and water together in a saucepan and heat on medium. Mash the blueberries well and cook until the mixture is syrupy. Strain the syrup and chill.
- Whisk the coconut and sweetened condensed milk together and set aside.
- Muddle the mint, lime, and rum together until the mint releases its oils into the liquid. Strain out the mint and discard.
- Evenly distribute the blueberry syrup in the bottoms of the shot glasses. Carefully top with the coconut lime mojito. Gently stir the bottom of each shooter to mix in the blueberry and give a nice ombre look if desired. Top with mint, if desired.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for several hours until ready to serve.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag your culinary creations @acookienameddesire on Instagram and hashtag it #cookienameddesire.