Things just got a lot better with this fresh strawberry cocktail. Perfect for those long summer nights.
I am a sucker for a good cocktail using fresh fruit. The flavor is just so much better and I will admit it makes me fee a bit better thinking that somehow the drink is a little healthier. It's totally ridiculous, but it is what it is, haha. Let me just have this one thing. So when I tell you that my fresh fig margarita or this fresh strawberry cocktail is healthier, smile, nod, and give me an extra splash of the good stuff.
This recipe comes from a cookbook called The Foreign Cinema from the restaurant from the same name. They are known for their bold flavor pairings and sticking to a meticulous level of quality. This is so apparent in the recipes they share in their cookbook. It embodies everything they stand for without being overly bougie with the ingredients. Now, sometimes it is hard to find specific brands they mention in their recipes, but you can easily use similar substitutes without any issues.
I fell in love with their cocktail section which had amazing names and incredible flavor profiles. This strawberry cocktail stood out for me the most and I couldn't stop thinking about it.
Its made with bourbon infused with fresh strawberries (which, can I just say is amazing on its own already), a splash of sherry, simple syrup, and bitters. Simple, easy, and delicious. Everyone will be asking for the recipe for this particular strawberry cocktail,
Strawberry Infused Bourbon
- 750 milliliters bourbon
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 oz strawberry bourbon
- ½ oz sweet sherry
- ¼ oz simple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- strawberries and mint for garnish
- Pour the bourbon into a container. Wash and slice the strawberries, then add to the bourbon. Cover and allow to sit overnight. Strain out and discard the strawberries.750 milliliters bourbon, 1 pint strawberries
- Add the strawberry bourbon, sherry and syrup to a cocktail shaker along with ice. Shake vigorously.2 oz strawberry bourbon, ½ oz sweet sherry, ¼ oz simple syrup
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Add the dashes of bitters, then garnish. Serve immediately.3 dashes Angostura bitters, strawberries and mint for garnish