The more incredible tropical mango coconut popsicles. These are creamy treats with a nice coconut almond crunch.
My whole family is addicted to mangoes. Mangoes are bought in bulk in our house and there were a few times where we purposely incorporated mango into every meal of the day. Is it a little weird? I guess so. But I really wouldn’t have it any other way!
For this recipe, I used champagne (Ataúlfo) mangoes because that is what I had on-hand, but regular mangoes would work just as well. The flavor of the Ataúlfo is, in my opinion, more delicate, but more sweet than your average mango. It is less fibrous too, which is beneficial for popsicles and even making smoothies. since they are smaller in size, you do end up having to use more than you would with a regular mango.
Please don’t mind the red sparkly nails. I really need to remember to do shots like this when my nails aren’t painted. I had to do a patriotic mani for my other blog.
Back to the mango coconut popsicles… the mango is bright and the coconut yogurt is so creamy, it melts in your mouth. My favorite part is the coconut almond and white chocolate. The almonds are very coconuty (is that word?) and give a really satisfying crunch. (I prefer to mix in large pieces of almond with a more ground almond for added texture) and paired with the white chocolate and mango, you get a super sweet, crunchy, summery moment of bliss. It’s phenomenal.
- 1½ mangoes (4 champagne mangoes), peeled and seed removed
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup coconut yogurt (I used Chobani), plus ¼ cup
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- ¼ cup crushed Blue Diamond Coconut almonds
- Puree the mango with ¼ cup of sugar. Mix in ¼ cup of coconut yogurt.
- Divide the mango puree among the popsicle molds.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the coconut yogurt and layer the yogurt over the mango puree.
- Insert your popsicle sticks - remember to leave enough space for you to hold your popsicle!
- Freeze for about 4 - 5 hours.
- Dip the tips of your popsicles in the melted white chocolate, then dip in the coconut almonds. Press gently against the almonds to ensure they stick to the chocolate.
- Freeze for another 5 - 10 minutes and enjoy!