No-bake mocha cheesecake with an Oreo crust. Possibly the best no-bake cheesecake I've had in a long time. I don't know what it is like where you are, but it's been unbearably humid where I am. It's not too hot thankfully, but the humidity is out of control. I haven't even bothered to try doing anything with my hair. There is just no point to it. Let's not even talk about turning on the oven or cooking. It's been lots of Panera and Chipotle and snacking for us.
Still, I crave something sweeter at night to tide over my sweet tooth and since life's been really hectic for me lately, I needed to go back to my favorite dessert and make a cheesecake. And a no-bake cheesecake is just what I need. My favorite place to get cheesecake was alway Pret a Monger which is this amazing little sandwich place I would go to maybe four or five times a week back in London. They had this [no-bake] lemon cheesecake that was unbelievably light and fluffy. I mean, it defied the laws of cheesecake physics. That's a thing right? Cheesecake physics.
This no-bake mocha cheesecake definitely matches that cheesecake in its airy creaminess with the help of fresh whipped cream folded into the batter. I'm not going to try and sell you on the flavor of the cheesecake. We all know what the deal is with mocha and how it is awesome with Oreos. If you need me to talk about the amazing balance and depth of flavors in a mocha cheesecake and how it is made even better by taking the oven out of the equation, then this might not be the cheesecake for you. Instead, just picture your favorite mocha whipped into the lightest cheesecake you've ever tasted and you've got this baby right here.
No Bake Mocha Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ½ - 3 ½ tablespoons instant coffee
- ⅓ - ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 Oreos
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the instant coffee granules, sugar, and salt. Start with 2 ½ tablespoons of the instant coffee. Beat until well combined.
- On a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Slowly beat the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Test the flavor and add more instant coffee if you feel the coffee is not present enough.
- Chill for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in the powdered sugar.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve as pictured: sprinkle about three tablespoons of crushed Oreos in a small bowl and top with the cheesecake. You may also make a proper cheesecake by finely crushing the Oreos in a food processor and combining with the butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Wrap the sides of the springform pan with parchment paper, then fill with the cheesecake mixture and chill for about 3 - 4 hours.