S’mores waffle sticks are an easy breakfast recipe your kids will love you for! Graham cracker waffles are covered in swirls of marshmallow fluff and chocolate ganache for the most delicious breakfast experience you will want all day long.
I love s’mores. Over time, I think I love them even more. my favorite part is the graham crackers mixed with chocolate. But then a roasted marshmallow just brings it over the top so you have to pause for a moment and take it all in. Back when everything didn’t immediately make me gain 15lbs from just a taste, I used to have s’mores maybe two or three times a week.
If it isn’t obvious by these s’mores cookies, or this s’mores cheesecake, or even these s’mores brownies, I still eat s’mores something on the regular. I just can’t help it! But today is a special day because today is Galentine’s Day and that means waffles. And I’ve been craving s’mores, so s’mores waffle sticks seemed like the perfect brunch recipe.
Galentine’s Day is all about celebrating the awesome women in your life and I am all about that. Last year I celebrated my mom. This year, I decided I am going to celebrate my Aunt Lisa. Lisa doesn’t get nearly enough credit. In many ways, I relate to her a lot since we are both single mothers whose children have fathers in a different country. She tends to be ignored or left out in events and is going through a hard time. I want to celebrate her for being strong against familial criticism, which can be harsh, and for everything she’s been through. Not a lot of people can get through what she has and I respect that.
So, in honor of Lisa, and all the incredible women out there, I share these buttery s’mores waffle sticks with you!
But before I leave you, I want to talk a moment about the these sticks part of the s’mores waffle sticks. I have a waffle maker that makes waffle sticks. That’s all it does. This isn’t something I would ever buy on my own, but I actually got it in a (now defunct) Jennifer Love Hewitt subscription box. You can easily make these in a regular waffle make and simply cut them in sticks, or if you want to have the popsicle stick as a holder, make larger “sticks” by placing a popsicle stick in each quadrant of a regular waffle maker.
S'mores Waffle Sticks
- 3/4 cup graham cracker flour*
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, room temperature
- 3 - 4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Mix together the graham cracker flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk and egg. Whip both together well, then stir in the butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. lumps are expected and wanted.
- Generously grease your waffle iron and add the batter to partially fill the well. Place a popsicle stick over the batter in the iron, leaving a few inches sticking out. . Note: for the best results, coat the popsicle stick in the batter before placing over the batter in the waffle iron. Close the iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions.
- Place finished waffle sticks on a wire rack and place in the warmed oven.
- Mix together the melted chocolate and heavy cream together. Drizzle over the waffle sticks.
- Heat the marshmallow fluff in the microwave for 15 second, then drizzle over the waffle sticks.
- Serve hot.
When you are done your s’mores waffle sticks, go check out these other amazing Galentine’s Day recipes!
- Caramel Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hula Pie from Heather’s Dish
- Red Velvet Donuts from Blahnik Baker
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes from NeighborFood
- Pecan Sticky Buns from TheCooking Actress
- Gin Lime Coconut Truffles from Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies from Wallflour Girl
- Lavender Ice Cream from NinjaBaker
- Three Ingredient Valentine’s Day M&M Fudge from Big Bear’sWife
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Nutella Layer Cake from gotta get baked