I've never been really into football, but I do love going to football parties for the food and also bringing a great game day snack to share with everyone as well. As much as I love the deep fried wings and beer cheese dips, I also long for something lighter that won't weigh me down as much.
My original idea was to make a wasabi almond hummus, but after searching my kitchen high and low, I found I ran out of chickpeas and all that was left were lima beans, also known as butter beans. At first I was really disappointed that my idea was ruined, but then I realized I could still make a nice bean dip with the butter beans and so I went forward to make this wasabi almond bean dip. The lima beans keep the dip healthy and adds a delicious butterines to the dip - minus the butter.
It's super creamy and has a really amazing kick of flavor from the wasabi almonds. What I love about the Blue Diamond wasabi almonds is that it has a big, bold flavor without that sinus-clearning spiciness you get from wasabi. I did want a bit more of a kick to enhance that flavor, so I did add a bit of wasabi to the dip, but it is still really amazing without it.
Wasabi Almond Bean Dip
- 1 15 oz can butter beans drained
- 1 6 oz can wasabi almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon wasabi optional
- 1 tablespoon water or more as needed
- Process the beans and all but two tablespoons of the almonds together in a food processor until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add in the lemon, garlic, oil, wasabi, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in the water, adding more as needed until it reaches your desired consistency. Top with the remaining almonds.
This post is a sponsored conversation with Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com All thoughts and opinions are, as always, my own.
I love these flavors! great idea for a dip, cannot wait to make this SOON!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
What awesome flavors- I love wasabi!