Celebrate summer with this fruity white wine sangria topped with spiked sparkling water. A light and refreshing way to relax with friends. This post was sponsored by Truly Spiked and Sparkling, thank you for supporting brands I love!
Happy first day of summer!! Oh my gosh, I felt like summer would never officially begin. We had such a mild spring that I was afraid that summer would be much the same. Not that I am a huge fan of super hot weather, but I was craving degrees above 60. But it’s here and the weather is beautiful and today we are celebrating with a white wine sangria topped with spiked sparkling water. Have you heard of such a thing? Spiked sparkling water, I mean.
As it turns out it is definitely a thing and it is pretty amazing. Truly Spiked and Sparkling is just that and they have some flavors that I am loving like Truly Colima Lime, Truly Grapefruit & Pomelo, and Truly Pomegranate. I am obsessed with sparkling water and having some that is spiked for fun cocktails is just perfect. Of course, they are also great on their own with a little bit of garnish. I like to pair the Truly lime with fresh mint, cucumbers, and watermelon while I pair Truly Grapefruit with different salted rims, strawberries, pineapples, or peaches. I also like to add lime, rosemary, thyme, and pomegranates to the Truly Pomegrate spiked sparkling water. What I like most about the Truly Spiked and Sparkling line is that it is only 100 calories and 1 gram of sugar per serving which is a lot better than many of the other choices available. We still need to look good in our summer outfits at the end of the day, right?
Today, I was feeling the need for sangria. Really feeling it, you know? It’s been years since I’ve had sangria and I’ve certainly not shared any on the blog. I am a huge fan of traditional red sangria full of citrus and apples. It used to be my go-to drink whenever I went to Nandos. But there is something about white wine sangria that really speaks to me now that I am older. I am not a huge fan of white wine, but it’s different when it’s in sangria. In sangria, white wine is magical. It’s refreshing and amazing. And when it’s topped with Truly Spiked, you are really in for a treat. What I love most is that this white wine sangria goes with literally every Truly Spiked flavor there is. Which means you can experiment with any of the flavors to see which one will become your new summer jam.
Personally though, I like to mix and match my flavors. Truly Lime and Truly Grapefruit go really well in this white wine sangria alone and together. But honestly, as long as you have some white wine sangria around, you can’t really go wrong! It’s just so refreshing and fruity and all the good things. Happy summer, friends!
More fun cocktails:
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 750mL bottle of your favorite white wine (I recommend a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 – 3 cans Truly Spiked and Sparkling Water (any flavor)
- Rinse all the fruit besides the watermelon. Thinly slice the orange, lemon, and apple. Take care to remove the seeds from the fruit.
- Chop the watermelon into small cubes. Hull and half the strawberries
- Add the ingredients to your pitcher and add the simple syrup. Pour in the white wine. Chill at lear four hours, preferably overnight. When ready to serve, top with your favorite Truly Spiked and Sparkling Water flavor.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat on medium high until the sugar dissolves. Pour into a container and allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator.