Milkshakes just got about a million times better with the bacon milkshake. This salty sweet treat is perfect for the bacon-lovers you know.
I don’t eat bacon. Crazy, right? But I haven’t eaten bacon in years. I still like to make things for other people though and when I received The Bacon Bible, I knew I needed to use it to make some crazy bacon-fueled food for people. What is actually really cool about The Bacon Bible is that it utilizes more than pork bacon in its recipe which is much appreciated by someone such as myself.
Milkshakes are one of those desserts I love making for people, especially. I love how there is basically an infinite number of flavor profiles you can make to satisfy any craving you have. My favorite might be the boozy blueberry pancake milkshake or the thin mint milkshake.
The recipe for this bacon milkshake does require a lot of different steps, so I modified it a bit to make it a little easier and make just what you need for this recipe. It has all the components in the one from the cookbook, except for the bacon-infused bourbon, but you can make that and add it in too, if you want! My intention was to make it a simpler treat for you to make without having a ton of extras hanging around the house.
My biggest tip is to use thick-cut bacon. It works much better in this recipe. And while you can use leftover bacon from breakfast, you can not use the pre-cooked packaged bacon because you will be using the rendered fat from cooking the bacon in different parts of the recipe.
If you are weirded out about using bacon in a milkshake, don’t be. The texture is still really good and it just gives you a really nice bacon flavor throughout. It’s the perfect sweet and salty combination. Chocolate-covered bacon lovers, you know what I mean!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Bacon Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 slices candied bacon, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- melted chocolate for decoration, if desired
- bacon whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat the bacon in the brown sugar and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until it is cooked and crisp. Save the bacon fat.
- Add the ingredients for the whipped cream to a mixer and beat with a whisk attachment until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Add the milk, syrup, nutmeg, 4 slices of bacon, and ice cream to a blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Decorate the insides of a glass with melted chocolate, if desired, Brush the remaining bacon with the chocolate, if desired.
- Pour the milkshake in the glass, and top with the whipped cream and remaining bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 552 Total Fat: 113g Saturated Fat: 74g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 845mg Carbohydrates: 187g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 172g Protein: 66g