These blueberry vanilla almond bars are a deliciously easy way to fuel you for whatever comes your way without any mystery ingredients. This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I've been on a month long binge on all things ice cream and clog-your-arteries decadent brownies. After all of these delicious goodies, I am finding I need to take a break and recharge my body with more wholesome foods. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a health food blog, but you know me. I like you share some of the healthier things I like to make every so often too like the jerk shrimp salad I can't get enough of, and now these blueberry vanilla almond bars.
I am a bit of a granola fanatic, but almond bars like this have been my jam for a while. Almond bars have been in my life ever since my daughter was in daycare and I needed to make sure she had plenty of healthy snacks in her bag. I would also take a few with me to work to keep me fueled during those long, busy days. I know, stealing from my own baby, right? But I couldn't help it. I use whole natural Blue Diamond almonds, which are my favorite almonds. They are the Official Snack Nut of USA Swimming, so they obviously know a thing or two about being able to keep a busy mom fueled for her day as well as keeping her kid happy and healthy.
There are a lot of healthy snack bars out in stores which is great, but what I love about these is they are so easy to make and the flavor combinations are infinite. Personally, I adore the combination of vanilla bean and blueberry, but you can use any dried fruit you like. For an added bit of flavor, I sometimes like to use Blue Diamond chocolate almonds. Chocolate + blueberries = total yum.
But first, you really need to try these blueberry vanilla almond bars just as they are!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or beans from half vanilla pod
- 1/3 cup finely ground almonds (almond flour works well)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 cups roughly chopped Blue Diamond almonds
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the honey, vanilla bean paste, ground almonds, salt, and almond butter together until well combined.
- Add in the almonds, blueberries, and oats. Mix until everything is well coated in the honey mixture.
- Pour everything into the baking pan and press down firmly. I recommend lightly greasing your hands so you can press as tightly as possible. This is essential for the bars to keep their shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool in the baking pan until it reaches room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Remove, then cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 bars Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g