Settle in and get cozy with a glass of this creamy chocolate chestnut cocktail. It has all the flavors of the holidays in one unforgettable sip. This post was sponsored by Torani, thank you for supporting the brands I love. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Why it works
This delicious cocktail is the perfect way to bring in the holidays. It is a reminder of the best parts of the holidays. A sweet subtly smoky flavor from the bourbon and the richness of coffee liqueur combine perfectly with the nutty chestnut from Torani Marron Syrup. The cocktail is finished with a creamy chocolate for more depth. It reminds me of the cocktail version of my chestnut eclairs.
I love using Torani syrups because they use simple ingredients like pure cane sugar and natural flavors. They incorporate beautifully in all your drinks (not just cocktails!). I love the depth of flavor of the chestnut syrup combined with their chocolate sauce. They're both quality flavors that taste exactly as they should.
You can buy Torani syrups online at torani.com.
- Bourbon - I like th bourbon because it adds a nice spice and a light smokiness to the beverage which gives you subtle "chestnuts roasting over an open fire" vibes.
- Coffee Liqueur- We use coffee liqueur to bring out some coffee notes which enhance both the chocolate and chestnut flavors. I recommend a liqueur that incorporates rum.
- Syrups - Torani syrups bring on the best flavor here. The chestnut aka marron syrup tastes just like sweetened chestnuts, and chocolate pairs beautifully with chestnuts. We use them both to drive home those holiday feels.
- Cream - The creaminess adds comfort and allows all the flavors in the drink to combine and interact together. It also makes the drink feel like the most luxurious adult chocolate milk with chestnuts.
I prefer and recommend using a cocktail shaker when combining the bourbon, liqueur, and syrups together. Stir in the cream at the end to avoid over shaking the cream which can make it whip up.
I do like to take some of the cream and chestnut syrup to make whipped cream to top the cocktail for some extra pizzazz, but this is not required. You will get a delicious cocktail regardless.
I prefer to keep this cocktail simple, but if you want to garnish, I recommend adding a roasted chestnut, or even a chocolate dipped chestnut. You can also create chocolate swirls on the glass or rim. If you add any chocolate to the rim, crushed roasted nuts would be delicious to add to the rim as well.
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- ½ ounce Torani Marron (chestnut) syrup
- ½ ounce chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- Mix together the bourbon, coffee liqueur, chestnut syrup, and chocolate syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cream.
- Pour into your glass and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Calculations are estimations, use your own calculations using the brands you specifically used for more accurate numbers.