Nothing beats cooling down with a refreshing mango mojito this summer. Kick back and relax with the most amazing cocktail recipe you will try today.
Nothing beats sipping on an ice cold cocktail during those long, hot days of summer. This mango mojito is fruity, refreshing, and will be a joy to have in your hand.
What's in it
There are no surprises when it comes to this mojito. We use all the classic ingredients you'd expect from a delicious mojito with the addition of juicy, ripe mango.
- Mango - Use a fresh, ripe mango if you can. It should be soft, but not mushy when you give it a gentle squeeze. You can use frozen mango if that is all you have.
- Mint - I love mint and grow a few varieties. I recommend looking for mojito mint, peppermint, sweet mint, or orange mint. Anything but spearmint.
- Lime - You can use regular limes or key limes, but if you do use key lime, you'll need extra to make up for their smaller size.
- Granulated sugar - My recipe calls for ⅓ cup, but you can feel free to lessen or remove the sugar altogether, depending on how sweet you want the cocktail.
- White rum - Use something nice. Dark rum will not pair well in terms of flavor and how it will look.
- Sparkling water - Club soda, seltzer water, anything bubbly and flavorless will work here!
How to make it
So I like to use my blender for this. It makes it easier, especially when you are planning on making a lot to share. It's almost like making a smoothie, but more fun.
The recipe doubles really well, so I recommend it if you are serving a few people or plan on responsibly enjoying more than a glass.
Customize your cocktail
You can customize your mango mojito easily by adding other fruit to the mix. Some of my favorite ideas include:
- Stirring in fresh passion fruit into the finished cocktail for a mango passion fruit mojito.
- Add strawberries, raspberries, or other of your favorite berries to the blender.
- Add pineapple, orange, or peach into the mix.
- Replace the sparkling water with lemonade (still or sparkling).
Absolutely! Add everything to your blender except for the sparkling water AND the rum. Once they are blended, add them to an ice cube tray and freeze completely. Add the frozen mango cubes and rum to your food processor and process. Stir in a nice splash of sparkling water and divide into glasses.
Definitely! This recipe doubles, triples, and quadruples well. You can even divide the recipe if you only want to make 1 or 2 drinks.
Other recipes you may like
There are a ton of delicious beverages you may love here. You can try my passion fruit mojito which is a reader favorite, as is my blackberry prosecco mojito. The watermelon margarita, blood orange margarita, and watermelon frose popsicles are very popular, too.
- 1 ½ large ripe mango peeled and cubed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 20 mint leaves plus extra for garnish
- 2 limes juiced
- ¾ cup white rum
- 2 cups sparkling water
- In a blender, add the cubed mango, sugar, mint, and lime juice. Blend until the mixture forms a nice, smooth puree.
- Add in the rum and mix well.
- Evenly divide the mixture in glasses filled with ice.
- Stir in sparkling water.
- Garnish with more mint.