A how to on making your own pumpkin spice mix! Perfect for the fall season ahead 🙂
In a lot of my recipes, I note to add “x” amount of pumpkin spice. What I failed to mention is that I make my own. Making your own pumpkin spice can have a completely different effect on the intensity and variations on flavor compared to store-bought pumpkin spice. I also like making my own pumpkin spice because it is cheaper. However, you prefer to grab some at the store, then that is completely okay, too!
As I mentioned in my pumpkin bagels , I like the spiciness of the ginger in my pumpkin spice, so I tend to use a bit more of it in the mix. I also prefer to use less allspice. Don’t worry though, because this pumpkin spice mix recipe still embodies the traditional taste of fall without being overly spicy.
Trust me, once you start making your own pumpkin spice, you’ll never want to go back.
Don;t have time to make your own pumpkin spice now? pin the recipe for later!
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon allspice
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Pour into a spice jar and keep in a cool, dry area.