You are going to fall in love with this lychee cherry frozen yogurt popsicles. These ice pops are only five ingredients and completely irresistible.
So in the middle of so so so much going on at home and the hubbub of Ice Cream Week, I completely forgot about #popsicleweek. Honestly, I had no clue that it would coincide with Ice Cream Week otherwise I would have moved our ice cream even down a bit. But I haven’t missed popsicle week yet and I am not about to miss it this year. So to celebrate popsicle week, I am sharing lychee cherry frozen yogurt popsicles.
I am obsessed with lychee. My local produce store carries it every year and I always end up buying bags of it. (If you don’t have fresh lychee, you can usually find it jarred, canned, and sometimes frozen at specialty stores). Cherries and lychee are a match made in heaven. To me, it almost tastes a bit like cherry blossom when they are combined. I originally wanted to add blueberries to the lychee cherry frozen yogurt popsicles, but I loved the delicate color of the cherry and lychee together, I decided against it. But I really encourage you to try it. It’s amazing!
These popsicles make an amazing alternative to my fruit and granola breakfast popsicles if you wanted to switch things up a bit during those hot summer mornings. I’ve even been known to put a few popsicles in a bowl and eat it with a spoon when I want to sit down and eat a breakfast that will keep me cool at the day heats up.
- ½ lbs cherries (I used strawberry cherries)
- 10 lychee
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¾ cup milk
- Remove the pits from the cherries. Remove the skins and pits from the lychees. Roughly chop both.
- Place the fruit and the sugar in a saucepan and heat on medium high until the juices come out and begin to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the fruit and syrup, yogurt, and milk together and chill until cold.
- Evenly divide among 10 popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until firm, at least 4 – 6 hours.