This is it. The cookie I've been wanting my whole life (slight exaggeration there). Slutty brownies.... in cookie form. Yes, slutty brownie cookies. It's like the turducken of cookies. I've been wanting to make these cookies for a while and spent a long time debating how I should make them. Should I make two types of dough and roll the oreo inbetween like some crazy chocolate chip/brownie knocked up yin yang? Should I cover the Oreo with chocolate chip cookie dough and then dip in brownie cookie dough? In the end, the lazy me won and I decided to use premade chocolate chip cookies and Oreos and fold them into a brownie cookie.
So much easier and still so fracking tasty.
Coming up with a brownie cookie dough that I could fold cookies into was not easy. I did some research and most brownie cookies were merely brownies dropped into small heaps so they baked like a cookie. I needed something sturdier that wouldn't just melt down around the chunks of cookies I was about to put inside it.
So then I had the idea to make a double chocolate chip cookie.... but make it fudgier like a brownie by adding lots of melted chocolate into the batter. Yes! Perfect! Fudgy, yet stiff enough to be able to handle all that cookie love I was going to add to the dough.
Okay, so you couldn't tell, but I just took a 20 minute break to go to town on a few of these slutty brownie cookies and a nice cold glass of milk. And now I am about to go into a bit of a cookie coma, so I'll leave this here for you so can join me.
Slutty Brownie Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract optional
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 9 oz melted chocolate
- 1 ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 10 chocolate chip cookies (store bought or you can use my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 12 Oreos
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the both butters and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and the chocolate extract if using. Mix in the coffee and melted chocolate and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips. Quarter the chocolate chip cookies and Oreos and fold into the dough.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets and bake for 8 - 9 minutes. The cookies will look slightly underbaked. Allow to cool for a few seconds and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Elly Chapman says
These look sooooo good, but really, you had me at "slutty"! Just a question about the coffee...do you mean liquid coffee or coffee grounds?
I used liquid coffee!
How long would you say these cookies will last all wrapped up in, say, a decorative plastic Christmas bag?
I would say that it would be at its best within the first three days. After that, it may begin to dry out.
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
Oh my gosh these look like my kind of cookies. Slutty indeed 😛 Such a terrific idea!!
Teri Giese says
As my husband would say, "feeding my muffintop again! "He loves smutty and I have made an even sluttier version of smutty brownies with a layer of Carmel oozing. Will make these very soon. Thanks!
With caramel?! Oh my gosh that sounds even better!! And hey, a muffin top is something to hold onto right? 😉
Beeta @ Mon Petit Four says
Oh my gawd, UHMAZING! Am I a slut for wanting these cookies like RIGHT NOW?? I would have totally gone the same route as you with the store-bought choc chip cookies and Oreos...that brownie cookie batter is enough of a genius creation in itself...no need to pass out from baking exhaustion before we're able to eat these all up!! Fantastic, Amanda...seriously!
If you are a slut for wanting them, I must be an uber slut for eating as many as I did! I am glad I decided to go the lazy route because it's makes a great quick and easy recipe to throw together when you are entertaining!
Melanie | Melanie Makes says
These look downright dangerous! Pass me a glass of milk and that plateful of cookies!
Haha that was basically me all day. I must've had about half a gallon of milk and a dozen cookies !!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
These look dangerously delicious! Pinning 🙂