I am sooooo ready for this warm weather. I've been loving all the sunshine and lighter clothes. I've had to go shopping for a few new outfits because nothing fits me from last year. For my daughter's birthday, I got her a set of bike safety gear and we've been out learning how to ride her balance bike and had a few picnics in the park already. Oh, 70 degree weather, how I love you!!
I am also all about the popsicles. Get ready cause I have about 10 more for you from now until summer starts. Think, breakfast, boozy, meal replacement-ish, and more! First, these strawberry green tea popsicles.
Normally, I would just add matcha to these popsicles to bring out that green tea flavor, but I know not everyone has access to an Asian grocery nearby and/or able to order matcha online. So, I made these nice and easy for you by using green tea bags. It does take a bit longer to really get that green tea flavor without grinding up the tea inside (I thought about it and kept picturing someone with a missed large piece of tea inside their popsicle. Not nice). Even with this extra time, it is super simple to whip up these popsicles and they have a wonderfully fresh strawberry green tea flavor.
Strawberry Green Tea Popsicles
- 1 cup water
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Heat the water and sugar on medium high until it comes to a rolling boil. Boil, until the mixture is slightly thickened then turn off the heat, leaving the pan on the burner. Steep the green tea bags in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and transfer to a food processor or blender. Mix until the strawberries are broken down. Leave some larger chunks in the mixture if desired (I love getting pieces of strawberry in my popsicles!)
- Fill the popsicle molds with the mixture and freeze according to manufacturer instructions.
- Freeze for about 4 - 5 hours.