Tiramisu hot chocolate, a fun twist on your cozy winter drink that tastes just like your favorite dessert.
We are continuing on with our Unofficial Hot Chocolate Week with this incredibly rich tiramisu hot chocolate. If you missed it, we already shared a super thick and creamy recipe for Nutella hot chocolate. When I decided to go forward with this hot chocolate week, I asked my sister and her boyfriend for a few ideas and this was one my sister's boyfriend came up with that I immediately jumped on. I mean, how perfect is a tiramisu for hot chocolate? The very next day, I ran into the kitchen and started working out my recipe.
This tiramisu hot chocolate takes all the flavor components of a tiramisu and implements them in every part of this drink with minimal effort, including a lady finger for you to dunk into your hot chocolate and scoop up the mascarpone whipped cream. Seriously, there isn't anything better than a long dunk of the hot chocolate and a nice scoop of the whipped cream while watching your favorite classic movie (I am personally a total Audrey Hepburn fan over here!)
Making this tiramisu hot chocolate made me realize that there is a severe lack of tiramisu desserts on this blog. How did this ever happen? I think we are in desperate need to change this asap. What do you think? I will definitely be coming up with a couple new recipes for you in the coming months, I promise! The only question is, what should come first?
In the meantime, put on your pjs, throw on a movie, and whip up some hot chocolate with someone and just hang out for a bit!
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 - 4 oz espresso
- 2 oz brandy (or dark rum)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the topping
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 2 ladyfingers
- Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, cornstarch, sugar, and salt together in a small saucepan. Heat, and stir until the chocolate is melted and everything is well incorporated.
- Add in the espresso, brandy, and milk. Stir until steaming, but not bubbling. Sir in the vanilla extract. Pour into glasses.
- Beat the mascarpone and heavy cream together until soft peaks form. Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt into the cream and beat until medium peaks form.
- Fill a piping bag with the whipped cream and pipe the whipped cream onto the hot chocolate. Insert the lady finger and dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately.