Sweet and salty snacking heaven. These RITZ Crackers toffee bites are a delicious treat you can snack on any time! Perfect for taking on the go or sharing with friends! This post has been sponsored by NABISCO. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When it comes to the choice between something just sweet or something that is a balance of sweet and salty, I go for the sweet and salty every single time. I love that balance, and bonus points if there's plenty of texture. RITZ Crackers toffee bites are the perfect example of that pairing. Delicious, flavorful RITZ Crackers are topped with a thin layer of crunchy toffee and sprinkled with nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate. It's the snack of a lifetime. Plus, you can conveniently pick up the ingredients at your local Acme.
I like to use a trail mix to top my RITZ Crackers toffee bites, but you can customize it however you like. Switch out nuts or even use mini pretzels, popcorn (caramel popcorn is amazing here), or just use chocolate. Pro tip: after you sprinkle the chocolate chips over the warm toffee, use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate over the toffee-coated RITZ Crackers and sprinkle with more salt. If you shop at Acme, check out their mobile app before you shop!
If you've never made toffee before, you might be a little nervous at first but it is easier than you may think to make! Although it is easier to make with a candy thermometer, you absolutely don't need one. The best thing to do is watch the toffee as it is cooking. It should cook without stirring until it reaches a deep caramel color. Once that happens, take it off the heat.
I find that using an ice cream scoop makes it easier to get small portions of the toffee to pour over the RITZ Crackers without it spreading too much. Just work quickly as the toffee tends to harden quickly.
These RITZ Crackers toffee bites are best the same day they are made. They are good after the first day, but the toffee goes from crisp to chewy, so if you don't mind chewy toffee (I don't!), you are alright. I recommend storing them in an airtight container in layers, with parchment between each layer to prevent the toffee from sticking.
This original recipe is made to use up almost an entire box of RITZ Crackers, so it is best when shared! If you don't think you can finish them in a couple of days, you can halve the toffee recipe easily.
RITZ Crackers Toffee Bites
- 3 sleeves RITZ Crackers
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup toppings of your choice
- Line the RITZ Crackers on parchment-lined baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, sugar, water, and salt. Cook untouched until the temperature reaches 280 degrees F.
- Once it reaches that, stir in the vanilla.
- Use a spring ice cream scoop to gather a bit of the toffee and pour a little on the center of a RITZ Cracker. As it spreads, sprinkle some of your topping.
- Repeat with the remaining RITZ Crackers and toffee. You must add the topping right after you add the toffee to each cracker as the toffee hardens quickly.
- Allow it to set for 10 minutes, and enjoy. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.