This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkDairyFree #CollectiveBias
A light and creamy vegan no-bake cheesecake parfait with cranberry swirl. This delightful holiday dessert is perfect year round for vegan and omnivores alike!
I’ve never made a vegan cheesecake before, let alone a vegan no-bake cheesecake. To be honest, I wasn’t entirely sure what went into it or if it would actually taste like cheesecake. But my youngest sister just announced that she is pregnant and the doctors didn’t want her eating regular cheesecake, so I thought a vegan alternative would be good for her.
I did some research and found out that most vegan cheesecakes use either tofu or cashews to make the cheesecake base…. okkaaaaayyy. I wasn’t entirely sure how that would work out, but I was game. I wanted to try and make it with cashews because my sister isn’t a huge fan of tofu. As a part of the recipe to add some creaminess, I thought a non-dairy yogurt would work best. The only one I am really familiar with is Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt which I used a few months ago to make my vegan peaches and cream doughnuts. Fortunately, I was able to find it at my local Walmart (check the bottom of the post for a picture of where exactly you can find it!)
What I love about Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt is that is has 6 grams of soy protein per serving and no artificial colors or flavors. Plus it is unbelievably creamy which makes it the perfect everyday yogurt. And I find that it really bumps up the creaminess in this vegan no-bake cheesecake parfait.
Of course I also have to holiday it up in here what with Christmas a mere 17 days away!!! So I made a sweet cranberry swirl and added crushed vegan gingersnaps I found to make a delicious vegan no-bake cheesecake parfait. Oh my gosh you guys…. it actually tastes like cheesecake!!! To say I was shocked would be an understatement. This blew my mind. I could not believe that cashews and Silk non-dairy yogurt, plus a few other ingredients could taste like one of my favorite desserts ever! Seriously, you can just eat the cheesecake filling on its own with a spoon.
But don’t because it is incredible with the cranberry swirl and vegan gingersnaps. Seriously, I don’t think I will need any other dessert this holiday season (a clear exaggeration, but it is how I am feeling at the moment!)
Even if you aren’t a vegan or with child, I seriously recommend making these vegan no-bake cheesecake parfait because this stuff is cuh-razy!
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup (one container), plus 2 -3 tablespoons as needed vanilla Silk Dairy-Free yogurt
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup crushed vegan gingersnaps
- 1 cup cranberries
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Boil a pot of water and place the cashews in the water. Remove the water from heat and leave uncovered for an hour. Drain and cool to at least room temperature.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, Silk Dairy-Free yogurt, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a blender and blend until smooth and silky. If it isn't getting silky, add a bit more Silk yogurt one tablespoon at a time, up to three tablespoons.
- Set aside the filling in the refrigerator.
- Add the ingredients for the cranberry swirl in a skillet and cook until the cranberries pop and the juices become syrupy. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once both ingredients are chilled, take out three glasses. Place a couple of tablespoons of crushed gingersnap in the bottom, then top with some of the cheesecake filling. Swirl in a couple of teaspoons of the cranberry sauce. Repeat the layers until you've reached the top of the glasses. Chill in the refrigerator until cold. Garnish with more gingersnap crumbs and cooked cranberries.
Here is where you can find Silk Dairy Free Yogurt and all their delicious flavors!