Rich and ultra decadent white chocolate brownies with a luscious vanilla cream cheese frosting. The perfect dessert for the white chocolate lover.
In the past I’ve been a bit nervous about baking with white chocolate. I was afraid it would be to cloyingly sweet. It didn’t take me long to realize that baking with white chocolate doesn’t result in something so sweet that it was inedible.
It’s all about using the right amount of chocolate in the right way. And you know what? These white chocolate brownies are definitely the right way.
These brownies lean more toward fudge than brownie and are so buttery and rich, you won’t be able to resist. The white chocolate flavor permeates throughout and adds a bit caramel notes on the edges.
I topped the white chocolate brownies with a lusciously smooth cream cheese frosting that I whipped instead of beat to keep it light and airy. I added a touch of melted white chocolate and vanilla to the frosting and it is so good I almost ate it by the spoonful.
You better believe I licked the heck out of that spatula. I even “forgot” to let my daughter have a taste.
Do I regret it?
Not one bit. Just like the Trunchbull says: much too good for children. Oh my gosh, please never let me compare myself to that awful woman again! haha. I like to thing I am much more like Miss Honey with a touch of Mrs Wormwood’s love for fun. You know what I mean?
I know, I know. Just smile, nod, and have yourself a brownie.
White Chocolate Brownies
For the Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 7 oz white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 oz cream cheese, very soft
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons heavy cream (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and white chocolate and heat on medium-low until almost the entire mixture is melted. Remove from heat and stir until the butter and chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool slightly, then add the sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix well (the butter may look like it separated from the mixture, that is okay), then add the eggs in one at a time. Beat well between each addition of egg.
- Stir in the flour and mix until combined. The mixture will be very thick!
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 30 - 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes for even browning (you can try adding aluminum foil after the first 15 mins so the brownies don't brown too much).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth using whisk or whisk attachment. Add the sugar slowly, beating well as you add. Beat in the vanilla. Add the cream if needed.
- Spread the frosting over the white chocolate brownies and cut into squares.
-I left my butter for the frosting near a warm heat source so it was close to melting, but not quite there. I placed the cream cheese in the warm, but not hot, oven for 3 minutes to get it super soft. Doing this meant I did not need to add cream,-The brownie is amazing on its own, so if you don't want to make a whole other thing for the brownies, you can skip the step and still have an incredible dessert!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 6g