Soft, chewy 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies are the ultimate cookie for peanut butter lovers everywhere. Bonus: These delicious peanut butter cookies are naturally gluten-free!
Why you'll love it
These cookies are so easy to make and are perfect when you want something sweet, quick, and uses up any left over ingredients you have at home. They're perfect for the peanut butter lover in your life.
No surprise, there are only three ingredients in these cookies! Let's give them a brief overview.
- Peanut Butter - I find brands like Jif work best, and it is better if you do not use the peanut butter labeled "natural" because of the extreme oil separation they get. Usually, creamy peanut butter works the best, but you can definitely use crunchy peanut butter to add more texture to the cookies. If you are peanut-free, or know someone who is, but would like these cookies, you can use almond butter. Pistachio butter is also really delicious, too!
- Eggs - Eggs are important to bind the cookies together and keep them in a nice shape. They also add much needed moisture to the cookies so they aren't crumbly.
- Sugar - You can use either type of sugar in these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. I prefer to use brown sugar because the cookies end up softer and chewier. If you don't have any brown sugar you can easily make your own brown sugar. If you want to use a sugar substitute like stevia, you can, just remember to use half the amount. For instance, since this recipe calls for 1 cup of regular sugar, use ½ of stevia. Get experimental and try out something like maple sugar if you have access to it. I've used honey granules before and it was incredible.
How to make
Making these cookies are just as easy as grabbing the ingredients from the kitchen.
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix well until well-combined.
- Roll into balls.
- Flatten and mark with fork twines
Just use white granulated sugar instead of brown sugar, and add on another 3 - 5 minutes to the baking time.
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are amazing as-is. In my opinion, they're pretty much prefect. But if you want to switch things up. You can add-in chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, dried fruit, and/or vanilla. my favorite thing to do is dip the cookies halfway in melted chocolate. You can swirl in marshmallow fluff for fluffernutter cookies.
It's so easy to make this recipe egg-free (and therefore vegan). There are a lot of egg replacements you can try. My absolute favorite is a flax egg. Take one tablespoon of ground flax seed and mix it with three tablespoons of water. Leave the mixture to sit for a few minutes before mixing it into the peanut butter and sugar.
If you want a no-bake peanut butter cookie, you need to try these chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies. For just a really amazing cookie recipe, you must try my s'mores stuffed cookies or my cookies and cream cookies!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, brown sugar, and egg together until well-combined - about 3 minutes.
- Divide the cookies into balls that are about 1 ½ tablespoons big.
- Use a fork to flatten and imprint the cookies.
- Bake for 7 - 8 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 2 - 4 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.