Nothing beats relaxing and refreshing with a glass of fruity blueberry lemonade on a hot summer day! This easy lemonade recipe will be a family favorite!
My favorite thing to drink during summer is an ice cold glass of lemonade. I am a huge fan of all things citrus and the sweet/tart combination just refreshes me like nothing else. This blueberry lemonade is sure to be a favorite!
- Blueberries – You can use fresh or frozen. They both work. If you want to get all fancy, you can also add in a few other types of fruit in with your blueberries. Cherries or blackberries would be amazing!
- Sugar – Use granulated sugar. I’ve heard of people using brown sugar to give the lemonade a slight pie-like flavor. You can also use honey or maple syrup, but know that it will change the overall flavor of the lemonade.
- Lemons – Only use fresh lemons in your lemonade. Bottled lemons will never give you the exact refreshing flavor you want in your lemonade.
- Water – The water is used to dilute the lemons so your lemonade isn’t too tart. It also helps make the syrup.
- Vanilla extract (optional) – This is totally optional, but I love the flavor that vanilla adds to the lemonade. It adds more dimension.
How to make
Making blueberry lemonade is so easy, making it perfect to have around all summer long.
- Make the blueberry syrup and allow it to cool.
- Squeeze the lemon juice. Stir with water
- Add blueberry syrup to the lemon and water until you get the desired sweetness.
There are ways to customize your lemonade to make it even better!
- Add mint to your blueberries when making the syrup.
- Use sparkling water instead of still.
- Add in other berries into your blueberry mix.
- Experiment with using pink lemons, meyer lemons, or even add in a little lime juice!
There’s so many amazing lemonade recipes you need to try! This blackberry lemonade is divine, so is this peach mango lemonade, passion fruit lemonade, and this rhubarb grapefruit lemonade. For a fun twist, try this kiwi mango lemonade popsicles.
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup blueberry syrup, or to taste
- Make the blueberry syrup. Add the blueberries, sugar, and water together.
- Bring to a boil and mash the blueberries.
- Cook until the mixture thickens to a syrup.
- Strain the blueberry bits out. Allow to cool.
- Make the lemonade. Juice the lemons.
- Stir together the lemon juice and water.
- Drizzle in the blueberry juice to sweeten to your liking.
- Chill and enjoy cold!
When adding water to the lemons, remember that any ice you add will further dilute the lemonade, so add less than you think you may need.
You may have leftover blueberry syrup. Perfect for pancakes, ice cream, and more!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 0g
Calculations are estimations, use your own calculations using the brands you specifically used for more accurate numbers.