Bring out the biscuits and start slathering them with cinnamon honey butter that's been whipped to absolute perfection.
I love it when restaurants serve honey butter with bread. I am but a simple lady who enjoys simple pleasures like this. Of course, I don't always want to have to go out to enjoy some fancy butter. Luckily, it is so easy to make at home.
We only need a couple of ingredients for the best cinnamon honey butter ever.
- Butter - I like to use salted butter for this because we use it just as a spread for our bread. If you want to use unsalted butter, you can - just add a pinch or two of salt to your mixture. I recommend reaching for a high-quality butter so you can really enjoy the spread!
- Honey - You can use any honey you have. I prefer to use raw honey, but it is definitely not required. I also sometimes experiment with infused honey.
- Sugar - Use powdered sugar. It helps to round out the sweetness and add a creaminess to the butter.
- Cinnamon - I love cinnamon, so I will often add more cinnamon than what the recipe calls, but I recommend starting there and seeing how you feel after. Remember, the flavors will develop and deepen over time.
- Vanilla - I love vanilla because it adds so much depth and dimension to the butter. Trust me, it is a game-changer.
There are no real instructions for this recipe - it is that easy to make. There is only one thing you really need to do.
- Whip it. Whip it good.
Yes, I went there, no I am not sorry. Add your ingredients together and whip them until they are creamy and light.
I recommend chilling the butter enough so you can shape the butter into a log or stick. Wrap it well with parchment paper. You can store it in the refrigerator for weeks, or in the freezer for months. I like to make a big batch and freeze most of it so I always have some available.
Once you are done making your cinnamon honey butter, I recommend serving it with some homemade ciabatta, traditional Irish soda bread, or challah. I also love it with pumpkin bread, cinnamon banana bread, and lemon zucchini bread.
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixer, add the butter, and whip until it is smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whip for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Place in a bowl to serve. Store by shaping the butter into a rectangular form and wrap well in parchment paper.