Thick, creamy coffee cookies and cream milkshake. This delicious treat is the perfect pick me up any time! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Would it be too cliche to talk about all these boys that just showed up on my yard?
Okay, I’ll just tell them to go then.
Seriously though, if there were ever a recipe to bring some boys to a yard it would definitely be this coffee cookies and cream milkshake (with the blueberry pancake milkshake coming in close second).
Coffee and cookies and cream is one of my top flavor combinations ever. I mentioned it when I did my coffee oreo ice cream and its been true ever since. Any time I can combine the two flavors, I will. This coffee cookies and cream milkshake is a simplified way to get all that deliciousness in a quick and easy cool down summer treat.
For this milkshake, I used Coffee-Mate® Italian Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer. It keeps the milkshake thick and adds extra depth to the vanilla to balance the coffee and cookies and cream. They have a wide range of flavors from classic coffeehouse to unique (think French vanilla, hazelnut, coconut caramel latte, and toasted marshmallow mocha) all sold at Walmart, and many of them will pair amazingly well with this milkshake. (You can also get some sweet summer inspiration here)
You can use leftover coffee you’ve made in the morning for this milkshake, but I personally love using cold brew coffee because the coffee flavor is more bold. If you don’t have either, instant coffee will also work. I recommend about a tablespoon for this recipe.
For the garnish, we wanted something a little more on the extreme side, but not overboard. We don’t need a whole doughnut, slice of cake, cheeseburger, and a seven course meal on top of our milkshake.
This is a milkshake, not a meal. So, what I decided was to use some leftover frosting (I always have some leftover from cupcakes) and use it to adhere extra chocolate sandwich cookies to dip into the milkshake, plus some cookie crumbs.
Normally, I make my own whipped cream, but I wanted to make this a bit easier, plus my daughter loves Reddi-wip, so we add that extra dollop of fun. before adding more cookie crumbs and another chocolate sandwich cookie because, duh.
Also, I have a pro-tip for you if you are ever in this rare occasion you can’t finish your milkshake. First, can I just ask how that is even possible? My sister and her boyfriend tend to have trouble finishing theirs but hate wasting them. So what I do is freeze them in ice cube trays and then re-blend them with a bit more cream when they are ready to finish them off.
Coffee Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Yield 2 milkshakes
Thick and creamy coffee cookies and cream milkshake
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- chocolate sauce
- Reddi-wip Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
- 8 Chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup COFFEE-MATE® Italian Sweet Cream Liquid Coffee Creamer
- Prep the some of the garnish by blending one of the chocolate sandwich cookies for the garnish by crushing one until it becomes powdered. I added mine to the blender with the 8 chocolate sandwich cookies for the milkshake. Place the crushed chocolate sandwich cookie in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add frosting to the rim of the milkshake glasses and add whole chocolate cookie sandwiches to the frosting. Fill in the gaps with the crushed chocolate sandwich cookie. Place the glasses in the freezer.
- Blend the 8 chocolate sandwich cookies for the milkshake. Add the remaining ingredients for the milkshake and blend until smooth.
- Take the chocolate sauce and drizzle on the inside walls of the glasses. Fill with the milkshake.
- Top with the whipped cream and garnish with remaining crushed chocolate sandwich cookie and another whole chocolate sandwich cookie. Enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag your culinary creations @acookienameddesire on Instagram and hashtag it #cookienameddesire.