Nothing beats a childhood classic like orange creamsicle popsicles. Even as an adult, it is hard to say no to this delicious summer treat, especially knowing these sweet cool-down treats are lightened up!
Growing up, I had the same insatiable love for super sweet things that many other kids have.
I was obsessed with cream sodas (thankfully a stage that didn't last too long) and would give my left arm to anything strawberries and cream or orange creamsicle flavored.
So, I guess you could say that I am a bit biased toward all things orange creamsicle. When I received the cook, For the Love of Popsicles by Sarah Bond of Live Eat Learn, the first thing I made were the orange creamsicle popsicles.
What is orange creamsicle
Before we begin, if you don't know what orange creamsicles even are, let me explain.
Creamsicles are the blend of bright oranges, sweet vanilla, and cooling cream. It is a delightful combination that it so hard to resist.
- Orange juice - You can use store-bought or squeeze your own.
- Banana - This adds sweetness and extra creamy texture.
- Plain Greek yogurt - This not only adds creaminess, but also gives the orange creamsicle the signature cream flavor.
- Honey - This also helps add sweetness and rounds out the flavor a bit more.
- Vanilla extract - It isn't creamsicle without some added vanilla. I also like to use vanilla bean paste or vanilla beans when we want to kick things up a notch.
- Orange zest - The orange zest helps amplify that delicious orange flavor.
How to make
It's super simple to make orange creamsicle popsicles.
- All you need to do is put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Once all combined pour into popsicle molds and freeze!
Pro tip: It makes a good smoothie if you add a bit of ice when you just can't wait for the popsicles to freeze!
If you love these popsicles, you will love this orange creamsicle smoothie and these boozy orange creamsicle ice cream. You must try this sunshine smoothie and avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie. If you want more popsicles, try these lemon meringue popsicles and cookies and milk popsicles.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender
- Evenly divide the mixture in your popsicle mold.
- Freeze the mold for about an hour, then insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until solid.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g