This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for supporting the brands I love and helping to keep this site running!
So Sunday my mother and I took my daughter and my sister’s boyfriend’s daughter, Marie, to a birthday party. The little girl and her sister are kids my other sister would babysit regularly. My daughter had been over to visit in the past and they became quick friends. She and Marie became friends at Marie’s birthday, so they were excited to see each other again as well. Besides the birthday girl and our girls, the only other child was the birthday girl’s baby sister. It ended up being a lot of fun for the kids and adults alike.
The plan was to bring these almond berry clusters to the party for the kids, but everyone could not keep their hands off these little candies once they were set and there were maybe only three left by the time the party came around. Admittedly, I did do my fair share of snacking. These little clusters were just so nommy and I couldn’t help but snack on one –almost- every time I walked past the container. Okay, every time. Okay, I took two each time. And there was that time I took maybe three or four, but who can remember at this point.
All you need to know is that mix of fruit plus chocolate, plus almond crunch make for one delicious treat you won’t be able to resist, no matter whose birthday it is.
Almond Berry Clusters
- 5 oz Blue Diamond blueberry almonds
- 3.5 oz dried blueberries cranberries, and cherries
- 9 oz semisweet chocolate melted
- In a small bowl, mix together the almonds and dried fruit. Pour the melted chocolate over the almonds and berries and mix until everything is well-coated in the chocolate.
- Place wax paper on a baking sheet and use a tablespoon to portion out the almond berry mixture onto the wax paper. Wait about 3 – 4 hours for the chocolate to completely set. Alternatively, you may place the chocolate in the fridge to set which should only take about 10 – 15 minutes.