Fun and super easy peppermint bark OREO Cookie balls. These treats are great for all your holiday dessert platters. This post was sponsored by OREO all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Why it works
These peppermint bark OREO cookie balls are a harmonious blend of OREO cookies, dark and white chocolate, and peppermint. It is great for the holidays for the family baking night, or to give as a gift to someone you know. They are easy to make don’t take a ton of time, and are so tasty!
It is a great combination, as proved with these chocolate peppermint cookies and chocolate peppermint cupcakes.
The best part about these delicious peppermint bark OREO cookie balls is that it only takes a few ingredients to make.
- OREO Cookies - The main ingredient. We need exactly one package for these treats. You can use regular OREO cookies, but you can also use the mint version, too.
- Cream cheese - The cream cheese adds tangy flavor but also helps to bind everything so we can shape the balls.
- Dark chocolate - Used to coat the peppermint bark balls. I recommend using melted chocolate bars instead of melted chocolate chips for the best results.
- White chocolate - Used to drizzle over the dark chocolate just like your favorite peppermint bark. Just as with the dark chocolate, you should use bar chocolate and not chips.
- Crushed peppermint - We can’t have peppermint bark without the peppermint. A healthy pinch or two of crushed peppermint finish the treats!
Making these peppermint bark OREO cookie balls is so simple, and a great way to spend time with your family assembling them because it is so family-friendly.
- Crush the OREO Cookies.
- Mix in the cream cheese.
- Roll into balls.
- Dip in chocolate.
- Top with crushed peppermints.
Quick, easy, and delicious. Dipping the balls in the chocolate can get a bit messy, but it is still so much fun!
The smaller the balls are, the more you can make. Keep this in mind if you want something more bite-sized and will make enough to be giftable.
You can infuse more mint into the regular OREO cookies by adding a drop of mint extract while you mix in the cream cheese.
If you want more white chocolate, you can allow the dark chocolate to harden completely, then dip the treats completely in the white chocolate. Just remember you will need significantly more white chocolate for this method.
Pair it with a peppermint hot chocolate!
Keep the balls in an airtight container in a cool, dry area. If you want to gift these OREO cookie balls, I recommend using a cellophane treat bag.
They need to be kept refrigerated as it contains cream cheese, and then can be frozen.
Peppermint Bark Oreo Cookie Balls
- 36 OREO Cookies 1 standard package
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Add the OREO Cookies to a food processor and pulse until the OREO Cookies are crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and run the food processor until the mixture is fully combined.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the dark and white chocolate in two separate containers.
- Dip the OREO balls in the dark chocolate, then place back on the parchment paper.
- Drizzle with the white chocolate, then top with the crushes candy canes while the chocolate is still wet.
- Set aside to harden. You can speed up the process by leaving the balls in the freezer or refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply